Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joe

Default Current or no current

Do you have a current were you dock?

When your docking your boat do you like a little current or not?

I loved one marina I lived in because it had a 3-7 knot current that
ran parellel to the dock. It was great having the current to work
against. Always made arrival and departure smooth as a feather.

Only bad point was marine life grew on the hull faster and we were
affected by wakes more often.

Here in the marina I'm at now we have still water and its 2 tight left
turns
into the slip. Windage is a bitch, and I have a left hand wheel and
dock bow in
port side to always throwing the stern away from the docking side
while backing, and I usually have to back some because of the speed
needed to make it in the slip without being blown down. If I stay here
much longer Im going to have to get a right hand wheel.

Joe
MSV RedCloud