N1EE

Default Knot Question

What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Bart Senior
katysails

Bart asked: What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Heck, you'd end up with wine slushies half the time in Lake Michigan. =
Just stuff it in the cooler for awhile and save yourself the time of =
tying another knot.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DSK

N1EE wrote:

What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

I didn't know there was one. I've used a series of rolling hitches
followed by a timber hitch to do this, also a mesh bag. The mesh bag
works best for six-packs, tying a line through the plastic rings
usually drops a can or two in the wake.

BTW there are a lot of places where the water is too warm to properly
chill wine or beer.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Scott Vernon

Safer to put it in a wet sock and let stand in the wind.

Scotty

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Bart Senior

Brien Alkire

Drink red, you don't need to chill it.

I have heard of people using a jury rig mast head to hold beer bottles.

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Bart Senior

MC

Don't think a real sailor tows wine bottles astern to chill them...

Cheers MC

N1EE wrote:

What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Bart Senior

Horvath

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:20:57 +1300, MC wrote this
crap:

Don't think a real sailor tows wine bottles astern to chill them...

I keep mine in the wine cooler.

What is the specialized knot used to secure a
wine bottle, to chill it while towing astern?

Bart Senior

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe