katysails

Default Parts is Parts....

Signet finally sent us the new parts to fix out knotlog and the =
anemometer/apparent wind gizmo that our former boatyard knocked out of =
whack. We've been two years without them, so at least we'll be able to =
sail "techy" again this coming year (I missed the apparent wind =
apparatus...). Bought Mr Sails some of the Patrick O'Brien books for =
Christmas since he really liked "Master and Commandeer". Have to come =
up with a few other ideas though that don't cost a bazillion dollars. =
We've been sailing for so long that we have all the usual stuff that =
sailor's have. I was thinking about getting him a 2hp engine for the =
dinghy, except he really needs the rowing (and I don't mind rowing at =
all...) Would just be easier when having to row in to the yacht club =
against the wind with 2 foot chop (really wet trip...) We're pretty far =
out in the field, which is fine because then we don't get the night =
noise from landside.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Bobsprit

Bought Mr Sails some of the Patrick O'Brien books for =
Christmas since he really liked "Master and Commandeer".

He must be thrilled that a second Scooby Do picture is shooting then!

RB
Simple Simon

How did your boatyard knock your knot log out of whack?

I can see them possibly damaging the anemometer at the masthead
when taking the mast down for storage but that is your fault for
not removing the sender prior to that operation.

As for the knot log it is YOUR responsibility to tell the lift
operator where to place the straps. Us real sailors even use
two-inch wide masking tape marked "STRAP" stuck to the
gunwale where the lifting straps are to be placed. This keeps
from damaging such things as knot logs, depth sounders or
thru-hulls.

You and your husband aren't very experienced sailors, are you?

S.Simon

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bobsprit

As for the knot log it is YOUR responsibility to tell the lift
operator where to place the straps. Us real sailors even use
two-inch wide masking tape marked "STRAP" stuck to the
gunwale where the lifting straps are to be placed.

Yup, 100% right. I lost a log the same way via the straps. My fault, though the
yard bought me a new one strictly out of kindness. You should be there telling
them what's what.

RB
Scott Vernon

How'd you like it? I'm waiting till it comes out on VHS. We 'screened'
Pirates of the Caribbean last night. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg!

Scotty

"katysails" wrote ...
since he really liked "Master and Commandeer".

katysails

How'd you like it?

I liked it fine. Never a dull moment... don't wait for VHS...it needs =
to be seen on a big screen to get the full effect of the battles and the =
storms...Pirates of the Caribbean was a fun movie and Johnny Depp was =
oh, so pretty!

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Neal,
Our boat is marked with SLING arrows at the sling points...if they do =
not use those points, the boat would crack in half...that is not how =
they damaged it. They damaged it when they re-did our bottom...as for =
the anemometer, they damaged that when they mounted it this past year. =
When we launched we told them that it was not working correctly...they =
denied it....we left that marina because of all the problems over the =
years with one of the b.h. brothers who co-owns...=20

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Us real sailors even use
two-inch wide masking tape marked "STRAP" stuck to the
gunwale where the lifting straps are to be placed.

Way ahead of you there, oh Mr Surmise the Wrong Thing....SLING marks =
went on the very day we bought the boat....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32