MLapla4120

Default Parts list compatibility for volvo engines

Okay, here's the deal. I have an MD2B that is in the boat and I'm taking it out
and replacing it with a disassembled MD11C. I want to keep all the good parts
of the MD2B that are compatible with the MD11C but how would I know which
parts are the same. Many parts like the valves, injectors, valve covers, etc
seem the same but is there a list somewhere that I could use?

Thanks
Mark
Steve

You could try Accosiated Diesel http://www.adiesel.com/volvopenta.php

Their parts list don't get down to the valves, etc. but they do show
pistons, injector, etc.

Since Volvo has discontinued the majority of it's nation wide (US) network,
you will still find the old dealer still have their parts books (and a small
inventory of parts). Go in and ask if your would late you compare part
numbers between the two engine. They don't have anything to loss now..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions