Jonathan Ganz

Default Monster waves

Yeah all true, but he does stow his fenders.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
a couple times I will be able to bale it out and
get under way again.

S.Simon

After encountering a 30 metre wave?
Now that I'd like to see!

When Neal types such things it only makes it even more clear that he's no
sailor.
Add to that the following: That he chose one of the cheapest boats around

and
you get the whole picture. A real sailor would have chosen a Cape Dory 30,

any
alberg or Bristol or even an old Pearson Wanderer. All better in every way

and
proven designs. Instead he lives on a tiny cramped vessel known to be poor

in
nearly every regard anc quite comely as well.

RB

otnmbrd

comments interspersed:

Simple Simon wrote:
You are about as stupid as the other motor boat captains
who continue to plague this group even though I have pointed
out time and time again how unwelcome they all are.

Big rogue waves are not necessarily breaking waves. You
should realize this. Don't you even recall the fact that in
the open ocean, off soundings tsunamis are not even noticeable
from the deck of a ship or a sailboat. This is because even
thought they may be 100 feet tall they have such a long
wave length that are more like the rise and fall of the tide
than a wave.

I think you'll find that a Tsunami, doesn't gain height until it
approaches shoaling water, but agree, that a "rogue" is not necessarily
a breaking wave.

Not all rogue waves are like you poor motorboat schmucks
envision. You idiots watch movies like the "Perfect Storm"
and see some stupid fishing boat attempting to motor up
the face of a huge breaking wave and think that is how
it is done. Any fool knows that is NOT how it is done in
a sailboat.

BG I don't need Hollywood to show me 30cm waves .... been dere done
dat, and normally, if we are in a storm like that we will endeavor to be
taking those seas on the bow, rather than head on, but a rogue doesn't
always give you the time to set this up (sometimes, head on is all you
can do BG and you're happy to be able to do that).

Any ballasted sailboat has a much greater ability to remain
upright on the face of such a rogue wave than a motorboat
without such an advantageous stability curve.

G now your an expert on stability? I doubt it.

Now, back to the question of big ships being more damaged
by these freak waves. Yes, they are. They can be stove in
because they present far more area to water crashing down
on the structure and they are not designed to survive such
forces. Small vessels have smaller surface area and only
need to withstand much smaller forces. If this were not
the case one would not see so many unbroken light bulbs
littering the beaches where such fragile items have landed
after voyages of thousands of sea miles.

Your general lack of experience is showing again .... stick to small
sailboats in Tampa Bay.

otn

Jonathan Ganz

And that's one of the few, very few, things that can be said in a positive
way about Neal. He's got a boat, he loves it, and that's what counts in
the long term.

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
It's true. He's one of many here that love their boat. While many of us
would like something different, it's a bit like comparing a pretty girl
on the street to your partner, she may may not be quite a 'luxurious' or
'fast' but she's all you really need and you love her -even for her
imperfections.

Cheers MC

Scott Vernon wrote:

Funny, we don't hear Neal talk of his ''next boat'', or call his

Coronado a
''stepping stone''. He seems quite satisfied with the boat he OWNS.

Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie
Balt. MD USA

"****Head" wrote

When Neal types such things it only makes it even more clear that he's

no
sailor.
Add to that the following: That he chose one of the cheapest boats

around

and

you get the whole picture. A real sailor would have chosen a Cape Dory

30,

any

alberg or Bristol or even an old Pearson Wanderer. All better in every

way

and

proven designs. Instead he lives on a tiny cramped vessel known to be

poor

in

nearly every regard anc quite comely as well.

RB

Simple Simon

Poor Booby, he knows nothing but his childish insistence
upon appearances. He is motivated primarily by what
others might think of his stuff. His entire life revolves
around trying to please other people with his stuff.
What he will never learn that unless his stuff pleases
HIM he is wasting his time with it. I'm afraid no boat
will ever please Booby, however. The reason being he
cannot eat it.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
Funny, we don't hear Neal talk of his ''next boat'', or call his Coronado a
''stepping stone''. He seems quite satisfied with the boat he OWNS.

Hey, look! A Siedleman owner comes to the defense of a Coronado owner!

RB

Scott Vernon

"****Head" couldn't think of anything intelligent to say
so he wrote

When it comes to loyalty to a boat, a true sailor is only as faithful as

their
options.

Bobsprit

"****Head" couldn't think of anything intelligent to say
so he wrote

Oh, the irony!

RB
Simple Simon

I'm not the one bragging about being aboard boats that
get structure stove in by large waves am I? I've sailed
up and down many a fifty footer with no problem. Any and
all structure aboard my boat is still intact and shows
no wave damage.

I'll admit I've never even seen a hundred-footer in person
but that's because I'm smart enough to avoid them. Can
you claim the same?

S.Simon

"otnmbrd" wrote in message hlink.net...
comments interspersed:

Simple Simon wrote:
[...]

A Deadly Monster Aboard Your Boat Gould 0738 General 16 July 19th 04 09:00 PM
( OT ) Bush waves the bloody shirt 2 Jim General 2 March 11th 04 12:38 PM
"Riding the waves of life" Mike ASA 0 September 17th 03 02:57 PM
"Riding the waves of life" Mike General 0 September 17th 03 02:56 PM
Die Monster Die!!! Bobsprit ASA 71 August 11th 03 11:30 AM