Poppa Pimple

Default Night Vision Scopes Cause Retinal Damage

Certain low cost imported night vision scopes have been proven to cause
retinal damage. An uneven phosphor coating combined with a cyclic high
voltage supply has caused secondary and tertiary emissions from the phosphor
in the long wave ultraviolet region. I'll post the brands and model numbers
when I get the complete list.

Poppa Pimple

The_navigator©

LOL

Cheers MC

Poppa Pimple wrote:

long wave ultraviolet region.

Poppa Pimple

Here's something of interest:
http://labrecyclers.com/product.html?InventoryID=229

http://www.auspexscientific.com/lowaulla.html

http://www.spectroline.com/ndt_36-380.html

Shall I go into detail on how multipacting on phosphors create the
wavelength?

PP

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
LOL

Cheers MC

Poppa Pimple wrote:

long wave ultraviolet region.

Poppa Pimple

For your edification:

http://optoelectronics.perkinelmer.c...s/CPMPhotonCou
nting.pdf

Instead of multiple plates, just use a pulsating plate voltage on a single
plate and you get the same effect on the phosphor.

Dr. Pimple

Poppa Pimple wrote:

long wave ultraviolet region.

Poppa Pimple

how does one get a cascade of electrons in a PMT?

Now suppose the cascade is from one metal surface, the ejected electrons are
pulled away and accelerated back into the same plate by an oscillating
electric field, creating even more ejected electrons. The process repeats.

Now suppose the accelerating voltage ina NVS had an ac component to it. What
would happen to the back ejected particles in the ac field? They would be
accelerated back into the phosphor in ever increasing amounts.
Does your NVS use a switching power supply to generate the HV? Is the HV
filter cap a little old?

Poppa Pimple wrote:

long wave ultraviolet region.

The_navigator©

Hmm. I see the idea but there's something missing. The fluctuations in
the voltage are small and few electrons are not absorbed. The number
that "recirculate" will then be small and the amount of energy they gain
will only be a fraction of the accelerating field per cycle.

Cheers MC

Poppa Pimple wrote:

long wave ultraviolet region.

Night vision monocular - cheap ones ?? Jed Cruising 46 December 29th 03 02:47 AM
Night vision scope Peter Janssen General 8 December 11th 03 03:52 PM
Night vision scope Peter Janssen ASA 1 November 26th 03 11:44 PM
NIght Vision Test Bobsprit ASA 14 November 25th 03 07:29 PM