katysails

Default Backstay tension

I hope that you come to share my pride in due course.

It's really something when your kid does something like that, isn't it? =
Makes all the trials and travails more than worth it. I had the same =
feeling when my daughter "took the walk" for her Engineering =
degree....with two gold tassels...I was so very proud of her. =20
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Jonathan Ganz

"Was" has nothing to do with "will" or "might." Anything you can name
has some probability of happening. Since you're not god, you can't
predict what could happen. Common sense tells us to take common
precautions. Since you haven't done that, you are trusting luck, which
doesn't exist except as a concept.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
As it is, you're the one
being silly... not fessing up to something that's blatant, and obviously
wrong.

Jonathan, you fail to grasp the obvious.
A difference that made no difference was no difference.
Because of the simple logic above, you are wrong about the fender issue.

It was
not a liability or problem. Not ever.
Sorry.
Truly.
But you're wrong wrong, as Donal should be indicating by agreeing with

you.

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Even he wouldn't do that!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You're asking him to climb on your boat,

ON IT? He's swimming in my bilge!

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Not only is it blatant rubbish, he proved that someone did go forward
by taking the picture.

"Donal" wrote in message

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Bob, if you are stupid enough to believe that fenders on deck are safe,
then you are an idiot.

Prove to me that fenders on deck are dangerous during a two hour

afternoon
sail
during calm weather and near shore.
Go ahead! I'm waiting!

Bwahahahaha! What a coward!

I don't need to prove that fenders are dangerous.

It is self evident that the fenders would be an obstruction if anybody
needed to go forward.

Your arguement seems to be based on the fact that it would be unlikely

that
anyone would need to go forward during a two hour sail. That is blatent
rubbish. You know it, as well as I know it. I'm fairly sure that even

if
you only sail within a 1/2 mile of the marina, that you still encounter

the
unexpected sometimes. You left the fenders on deck because you are lazy,
and not because you are stupid!

Regards

Donal

Jonathan Ganz

I hope they didn't sue you. Or rather, Suzie.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
you only sail within a 1/2 mile of the marina, that you still encounter

the
unexpected sometimes.

Yeah, one time a kid with downs syndrome fell onto my deck from another

boat
rafted with us. Luckily an extra fender was lying on the towrail and it

saved
what few brains he had.

I guess that could have been your son!

RB

Peter Wiley

Perfectly safe for Bob. No need to go forward when you're motoring and
have someone else to handle lines for you. He never leaves the safety
of the cockpit and his camera.

PDW