Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobsprit

Default West Marine/BoatUS-Happy Story

Recently I posted that Suzanne bought me a Simrad HT50 from BoatUS. The unit
turned out to be not for US with no weather channels. We returned it for
another, NIB, but this time with a defective charger. Exchanged it AGAIN, but
this time with a nicer Icom M1V. The guy gave me full credit on the Simrad
instead of sale price, meaning the Icom now cost just a few dollars more. He
also matched Defender's sale price of 189.00, even though they're not local.
Still I'd done a lot of driving back and forth and I noticed that BOTH radios
were put back on the For Sale shelf. I guess they just want to sell them no
matter what. I wrote a letter to WestMarine/BoatUS, emailed it to several
divisions.
Yesterday I got a Fedex envelope with a letter of apology and a $50 gift card
for West Marine! The letter stated that they would be sure to look into the
matter which was the issue I was interested in. But the apology and gift card
was unexpected.
I'll continue to shop at Westmarine/BoatUS.

Capt RB