katysails

Default The true meausure of a sailor's newsgroup.

As a quick aside =3D Richmond, BC to Sault Ste. Marie by truck . . . =
..$3600 US

Why in heck would you dump in at the Soo? Ship to Chi-town (not only =
cheaper haulage but better facilities to launch) Then sail up the coast =
of Michigan (stopping of course at Muskegon to say "hi" at the Yacht =
Club) then up through the straights...if you want to really sail =
Superior, then just hang a left into the St Mary's to the lcoks....or =
else just keep on going on around Huron down to Erie, Ontario, and then =
out....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Schoonertrash

For sure. No set date yet but having people to do portions of the trip,
especially in areas they know would be fantastic! Long segments, short
segments or day sails! I've been checking out some side trips and areas to
see such as the Trent-Severn area in Ontario. I think the biggest problem
will be moving fast enough to get out of the area before the snow falls and
yet not get too far down the East Coast before the hurricane season ends.
Keep watching this station!

MST

Schoonertrash

That was one of the sample launch points picked to get a costing for
trucking the boat on the Canadian side. For the US side I looked at Seattle
to Duluth and also to be fair San Diego to Houston. Thunder Bay would be
closer to $3,000 US and probably a fairer comparison to Duluth.

One thing I decided was not to do the stern arch installation until after
that trip. Less hassle in keeping the height restrictions legal when
trucking. So I'll be looking for some very good shop to build one for me at
some point.

MST

katysails

So I'll be looking for some very good shop to build one for me at
some point.

Most well-known and trusted around here is Torresen's Marine...fair and =
honest...family run....
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Martin Baxter

Schoonertrash wrote:

For sure. No set date yet but having people to do portions of the trip,
especially in areas they know would be fantastic! Long segments, short
segments or day sails! I've been checking out some side trips and areas to
see such as the Trent-Severn area in Ontario. I think the biggest problem
will be moving fast enough to get out of the area before the snow falls and
yet not get too far down the East Coast before the hurricane season ends.
Keep watching this station!

MST

If you do the Trent-Severn you'll have to take the stick down. I live on Lake
Ontario,
I'd be happy to help you get to the NY Barge canal at Oswego.

Cheers
Marty

Jeff Morris

Cruisers that Summer Down East wait until after Labor Day to head South, It's rare the a
hurricane will have much left after passing Cape Cod and there are plenty of place to
hide. By Labor Day it will be obvious if September is active, - if so, wait another few
weeks. You should also be aware that you may want to wait behind Sandy Hook for several
day because the NJ coast is not pleasant when there's weather and a heavy surf advisory.

The Alternative Plan is to get to the Chesapeake before Labor Day. In spite of Isabel
this year, its extremely rare for a Hurricane to hit the upper Chesapeake.

Many cruisers congregate in Annapolis for the Boat Show (Columbus Day) and then head
south. This generally gives you a window after the hurricanes and before the Winter chill
sets in.

Here's some stats on hurricane probability:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/paststate.html

"Schoonertrash" wrote in message ...
For sure. No set date yet but having people to do portions of the trip,
especially in areas they know would be fantastic! Long segments, short
segments or day sails! I've been checking out some side trips and areas to
see such as the Trent-Severn area in Ontario. I think the biggest problem
will be moving fast enough to get out of the area before the snow falls and
yet not get too far down the East Coast before the hurricane season ends.
Keep watching this station!

MST

Seahag

katysails wrote:

That sound better? You get the whole bunch.

South Beach Diet doens't allow them....sniff....

More for me then!

Seahag

katysails

More for me then!

Seahag

You wanna be Mrs. Claus for Christmas? Bananas will do that to you, ya =
know....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Seahag

katysails wrote:

More for me then!

Seahag

You wanna be Mrs. Claus for Christmas? Bananas will do that to you, ya
know....

I'd have to eat an awful lot of 'em for that to happen!

Seahag

katysails

I'd have to eat an awful lot of 'em for that to happen!

Seahag

Bananas are one of the most fattening foods on earth...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32