Jeff Morris

Default Which Radar, Redux

wrote in message
So, I'm wondering... For coastal sailing in LIS and very occasional forays to
open ocean points north of there, do I need anything more than Furuno's model
1623?

Why do you think you need any Radar? Do you often travel in fog? Are you headed Down
East?

A small radar will help a lot if you get caught in Vineyard Sound and want to stay clear
of the ferry, but it sounds like this would only happen once a year, if that.

You can make a case for more powerful radar if you cruise the Maine Coast all summer, but
not for LIS.

--
-jeff www.sv-loki.com
"The sea was angry that day, my friend. Like an old man trying to send back soup at the