Jonathan Ganz

Default Sent in my renewal paperwork today.

The physical or mental elderly?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month,

Weight loss beyond 5 pounds per month can be dangerous. 25 lbs is a huge

risk
for the elderly.
Look it up.

RB

Simple Simon

A risk for the infirm maybe but I am anything but.

I have NO diseases, no infirmities and no health
problems. When one is overweight the BEST thing
to do is get rid of the weight as fast as possible.

Of course, starving is not a safe thing to do but
eating right and exercising the weight off IS.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month,

Weight loss beyond 5 pounds per month can be dangerous. 25 lbs is a huge

risk
for the elderly.
Look it up.

RB

Bobsprit

When one is overweight the BEST thing
to do is get rid of the weight as fast as possible.

Speed of Weight Loss When Dieting
If you have more than 15-20 pounds of weight to lose, the fastest realistic
speed of weight loss is about 2 pounds per week.

Of course it is possible to lose weight faster, but too rapid weight loss can
cause problems.

1. You may develop loose skin, especially if you lose a lot of weight.

2. You may lose too much water weight. Since water weight is regained within a
very short time, this can be de-motivating.

3.You are unlikely to develop the type of improved eating habits that are
necessary to sustain the weight loss and prevent weight regain.

4. Losing weight rapidly can "shock" the system and has been linked to stroke.
Simple Simon

Fatalistic bullcrap. As you can well notice, I'm still here.

More fat people die from strokes and heart attacks than people losing
weight.

Water weight is a myth.

Developing proper diet has nothing to do with losing weight.
If one had a proper diet and exercised regularly one would
not have to lose weight in the first place.

Loose skin will tone up after a period of time unless the
skin is permanently stretched as is often the case in
morbidly obese people who often have to have folds of
skin surgically removed. Being 20-30 pounds overweight
does not stretch the skin permanently.

S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
When one is overweight the BEST thing
to do is get rid of the weight as fast as possible.

Speed of Weight Loss When Dieting
If you have more than 15-20 pounds of weight to lose, the fastest realistic
speed of weight loss is about 2 pounds per week.

Of course it is possible to lose weight faster, but too rapid weight loss can
cause problems.

1. You may develop loose skin, especially if you lose a lot of weight.

2. You may lose too much water weight. Since water weight is regained within a
very short time, this can be de-motivating.

3.You are unlikely to develop the type of improved eating habits that are
necessary to sustain the weight loss and prevent weight regain.

4. Losing weight rapidly can "shock" the system and has been linked to stroke.

Kelton Joyner

Odd that when Irwin Yacht required you to take a drug test before
providing a piece of paper (pay check) you refused, but when the USCG
requires a drug test for a piece of paper (wall ornament) you gladly
took the test. Seems your values are misplaced.
krj

Simple Simon wrote:
My Master's license renewal paperwork is on the way
to the Regional Exam Center in New Orleans.

I passed the physical with flying colors. My blood
pressure recorded on the physical is 110/70 and
my pulse was 64 - this is without medication, BTW.
(I bet Jeff, Rick, otn and Shen44 are very envious.)
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month, eliminating the alcohol and caffeine
and eating right.

Of course I also passed the **** test.

Of course I documented sufficient hours aboard my
vessel.

Of course I filled out all the paperwork correctly.

And, of course, I will continue to be a Master in good
standing for the likes of Jeff to check out in the future.

Thank you all listening.

S.Simon

Simple Simon

Just the opposite. When one has a job as a common laborer
being paid eight bucks an hour installing systems in yachts
one has no responsibly concerning public safety.

On the other hand when one is the Captain of a vessel
with passenger's lives at stake one should not balk at
proving one's competence.

Big difference there.

S.Simon

Simple Simon wrote:
My Master's license renewal paperwork is on the way
to the Regional Exam Center in New Orleans.

I passed the physical with flying colors. My blood
pressure recorded on the physical is 110/70 and
my pulse was 64 - this is without medication, BTW.
(I bet Jeff, Rick, otn and Shen44 are very envious.)
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month, eliminating the alcohol and caffeine
and eating right.

Of course I also passed the **** test.

Of course I documented sufficient hours aboard my
vessel.

Of course I filled out all the paperwork correctly.

And, of course, I will continue to be a Master in good
standing for the likes of Jeff to check out in the future.

Thank you all listening.

S.Simon

Jonathan Ganz

Hold on hoss... that's certainly not true. How about the
person being so stoned that they install something backwards,
which starts a fire.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

Just the opposite. When one has a job as a common laborer
being paid eight bucks an hour installing systems in yachts
one has no responsibly concerning public safety.

On the other hand when one is the Captain of a vessel
with passenger's lives at stake one should not balk at
proving one's competence.

Big difference there.

S.Simon

.. .

Simple Simon wrote:
My Master's license renewal paperwork is on the way
to the Regional Exam Center in New Orleans.

I passed the physical with flying colors. My blood
pressure recorded on the physical is 110/70 and
my pulse was 64 - this is without medication, BTW.
(I bet Jeff, Rick, otn and Shen44 are very envious.)
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month, eliminating the alcohol and caffeine
and eating right.

Of course I also passed the **** test.

Of course I documented sufficient hours aboard my
vessel.

Of course I filled out all the paperwork correctly.

And, of course, I will continue to be a Master in good
standing for the likes of Jeff to check out in the future.

Thank you all listening.

S.Simon

Jonathan Ganz

Maybe, maybe not... let's not forget the screwed up heart transplant
incident. It started with a small mistake and someone died for lack
of follow through.

Simple Simon wrote:
My Master's license renewal paperwork is on the way
to the Regional Exam Center in New Orleans.

I passed the physical with flying colors. My blood
pressure recorded on the physical is 110/70 and
my pulse was 64 - this is without medication, BTW.
(I bet Jeff, Rick, otn and Shen44 are very envious.)
I got it that low simply by exercising, losing 25 pounds
in the last month, eliminating the alcohol and caffeine
and eating right.

Of course I also passed the **** test.

Of course I documented sufficient hours aboard my
vessel.

Of course I filled out all the paperwork correctly.

And, of course, I will continue to be a Master in good
standing for the likes of Jeff to check out in the future.

Thank you all listening.

S.Simon

California Boat paperwork ?? Midnite General 0 June 7th 04 12:07 AM
No skunk today! John H General 4 April 21st 04 02:22 PM
O.T. 30 years ago vs. Today RGrew176 General 0 February 10th 04 03:46 PM
sea trial of Cal 28 today Jonathan Ganz ASA 17 September 28th 03 05:43 PM
**FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!! frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:36 PM