Bobsprit

Default Here, Jeff...

I went sailing Thursday and I'm going again today....just thought you'd want to
know! Also, tomorrow I'll be in a race with 4 other J-24s in Little Neck bay.

RB
Jeff Morris

I don't believe you. Where are the pictures?

BTW, I'm planning on a new camera - I think I can get a G5 for about $530 - is that still a good
deal?

--
-jeff

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
I went sailing Thursday and I'm going again today....just thought you'd want to
know! Also, tomorrow I'll be in a race with 4 other J-24s in Little Neck bay.

RB

Bobsprit

BTW, I'm planning on a new camera - I think I can get a G5 for about $530 - is
that still a good

That's a good price. I have a G3, which is last year's version with 4 Mega
Pixel and it's been a good camera. If you don't plan to seriously use the
manual settings a lot, I'd suggest a smaller unit. It's been overkill for use
on the boat.
My only gripe about the G series is that they are large and heavy. I often take
my tiny Sony camera instead, especially on the boat. Olympus also makes a very
nice weatherproof camera that looks worth getting.

RB
Bobsprit

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...stylus300.html

See above, Jeff for the weatherproof Olympus....

Also...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/g5.html

Steve's Digital Camera reviews is the best on the web.

RB
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

Starting to get pretty cold in the "Big Apple? Little Neck Bay is a good
basin for racing regattas. I can remember, 40 yrs ago, trying to get
across it and staying out of the racing fleets. Just about impossible.
Turning away from one would put you in the middle of another one.

Should be getting close to the "Last Cance Regattas" about now, isn't
it?

You'll soon have to be reporting on the Voyagers of the Rubber Ducky in
the bath tub.

We are in a cold spell out here right now. Temperature in the twenties.
I set-up the Electric Heater on the boat, in the slip the other day.
Came homes from a few days in the San Juan Islands and Dog and I had to
motor sail, to get heat from the Red Dot heater. Had more than enough
wind but it was cold. Predictions of the first snow for today. So
Battened down "Pneuma" until the milder weather comes back.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

Starting to get pretty cold in the "Big Apple?

near 75 here today. I'm waiting for my crew to get past the marathon traffic so
we can go J24ing. But the cold is on it's way.

RB

Horvath

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:11:54 -0500, "Jeff Morris"
wrote this crap:

I don't believe you. Where are the pictures?

BTW, I'm planning on a new camera - I think I can get a G5 for about $530 - is that still a good
deal?

Ha Ha! I buy disposable cameras for about six bucks each.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.
Wally

Horvath wrote:

BTW, I'm planning on a new camera - I think I can get a G5 for about
$530 - is that still a good deal?

Ha Ha! I buy disposable cameras for about six bucks each.

Does that include processing and scanning onto CD?

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com

Jeff Approves!!!! Bobsprit ASA 0 October 3rd 03 01:16 PM
Shen44 and Jeff with otnmbrd and his pals in the back Simple Simon ASA 0 August 4th 03 07:21 PM
Shen44 was driving one, Jeff Morris the other???? Shen44 ASA 2 August 4th 03 06:20 PM
A tough question for Jeff and Shen44 otnmbrd ASA 53 July 30th 03 06:14 PM
Sailing With Jeff... CANDChelp ASA 20 July 30th 03 03:46 PM