Scott Vernon

Default Sunbrella

We call these pretenders, 'slip Queens'. They load up their boat with all
kinds of uneeded electronic gear, brag about owning the latest & greatest
'stuff', spend more time cleaning and polishing than sailing. Some do
nothing more then an occasional daysail just to show off their toys.

Scotty

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Some people are more concerned with how their boat looks, in the slip,

than
sailing them.

Scotty

"Steve Thomas" wrote ...

The choice is a trade off.of appearance verses function in this case.
(I do advocate washing one's clothing

Steve Thomas
C&C 27

Bobsprit

We call these pretenders, 'slip Queens'.

I'm sure you call them "queens." Wishful thinking on your part.

RB
Brian McAloon

I washed my sailcover on a gentle cycle with regular laun soap. I then dried
on a gentle cycle and applied two coats of waterproofing that I got in the
camping dept at Wal-Mart. Worked great!
"Bobsprit" wrote in message

I have new sunbrella sailcover and pedestal covers for the C&C 32. Can

they be
machine washed or should I just rinse them off and dry?
This may be common knowledge, like grey water, but please answer anyway so

can be a better sailor!

Thanks,

Capt RB

Simple Simon

Hey, BillyJane, sails aren't made out of Sunbrella last
time I looked . . .

S.Simon

wrote in message ...
Unfortunately, you now have less UV protection than before you washed them.
Probably not a big deal on cushions, but ruinous for sails.

BB

Simple Simon

Uh, Billy Boy Blue, the purpose of sails is to have then
bent on so they can power the vessel around. I guess
you're like Booby who sails with the wind-up head
sail partially unwound with the motor running and the
mainsail cover along with the compass and instrument
covers on but the radar screen (inside the cabin where
it does no good) on.

Talk about messed up piorities . . .

S.Simon - sails should spend more time up and drawing
than covered.

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:49:48 -0500, "Simple Simon" wrote:

Hey, BillyJane, sails aren't made out of Sunbrella last
time I looked . . .

Sail covers, dimwit. Washing sailcovers reduces their ability to protect the
sails from UV.

BB

Source for Sunbrella Steve Cruising 58 May 21st 04 09:50 PM
Anyome use 303 fabric protection on Sunbrella? Don Cruising 24 April 29th 04 10:22 PM
Sunbrella or Herculite/Aquuatex II?? Steve Cruising 2 March 11th 04 04:03 PM