Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve

Default Sunbrella or Herculite/Aquuatex II??

As I mentioned in an earlier post I found a good source for Sunbrella.

I'm getting ready to build a cover for my dodger and bimini and ordered
enough Sunbrella Pac. Blue for them and some sail covers.

However while I was waiting for the material to arrive, I was poking around
in my storage and found about 5 yards of Herculite/Aquuatex II, left over
from some Navy contract jobs I did before I retired. (of course it is navy
gray).

This is more than enough for making the dodger and bimini, but I'm wondering
what the down side would be to make them out of this synthetic (non
breathing) material.. I've worked with it myself, in a past life in a navy
canvas shop, so I know how it sews. However navy awning and covers don't
stay up all the time and get replace ever couple years when they start
getting dirty.

I'm thinking that I might have problems with sweating or condensation on the
underside, here in the PAC. NW.

Comments, opinions and experiences??

Steve
s/v Good Inentions