Don

Default Anyome use 303 fabric protection on Sunbrella?

Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the way to
go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

BCC

Yes - tried it on our tired 12 years old white Sunbrella dodger -
worked well for me for the months to get the boat from Anacortes WA
down to San Diego - saved buying a new dodger for a while. Buy the
manual spray bottle not the pressured can - get more for less. Took me
2 plastic bottles for a med-large dodger.

\On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:32:03 GMT, "Don" wrote:

Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the way to
go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

Doug Dotson

Our Sunbrella distributor recommends 303 first and AquaTite second.
Once you start using them you do have to treat the fabric every year
if not more often (depending on the WX). Another alternative
is to send them to a company that will clean the fabric and replace the
waterproofing.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Don" wrote in message
Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the way to
go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

Skip Gundlach

Now that Tehemana/Flying Pig is on the hard, we've got the various interior
and exterior cushion covers (expected to be Sunbrella) off.

What's the downside of washing them - or do they have to be dry-cleaned and
treated somehow?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize
that you are quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to
you that in the general scheme of things you are merely an
insignificant speck on the surface of the ocean; and are not nearly
so important or as self-sufficient as you thought you were. Which is
an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one that may effect a
permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly appreciated
by your friends." - James S. Pitkin

"Don" wrote in message
Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the way

go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

Doug Dotson

If the edges have been surged then you can machine wash them.
Otherwise dry cleaning is probably lower risk to avoid having
them unravel along the edges.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in
message k.net...

"Don" wrote in message
Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the

way
go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

Keith

Yes, and it works well on canvas that's 5 years old or less. It's based on
Teflon, and for me, didn't work well on older canvas. Be sure you get the
303 waterproofing for canvas, NOT the 303 for fiberglass and hard surfaces!
Don't ask me how I know this.

Wash the canvas first with a really mild soap solution. Best is to shave off
some ivory soap bars. The ivory snow flakes will work well too, but they're
not just straight soap like they used to be.

--

Keith
__
"Don" wrote in message
Our dodger is getting a bit porous and I have heard that 303 is the way to
go.
Anybody use the stuff?
Results?

Cathodic Protection for Aluminum Hull - Need Help Matt Lang General 9 July 25th 04 07:02 PM
Source for Sunbrella Steve Cruising 58 May 21st 04 09:50 PM
Mold & Mildew on fabric in Cabin Wklkj General 5 April 23rd 04 02:07 PM