Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Donal

Default Farewell..... old friend.

Concorde had it's final commercial flight today.

For the last 27 years, I've watched her take off and land. Every time that
I have seen her, I have been impressed by her beauty. There is no other
aircraft that looks so perfect in the air. There is no other aircraft that
conjures up the same sense of pure awe.

I've heard the sonic boom a couple of times. The French Concorde used to
fly north, and break the sound barrier over the English Channel. Both times
that I heard it, I was down below. It sounded like two very loud hammer
blows on the hull in quick succession. Both times, I shot into the
cockpit, and was surprised to see a tiny aircraft at about 35,000 ft.

Regards

Donal

Portable VHF Gift for a Friend... Harry Krause General 13 November 30th 03 02:30 PM
Our missing friend akasharkbow General 2 September 29th 03 11:28 AM
For a friend.......... Bill Kiene General 4 August 12th 03 05:49 AM