Donal

Default Farewell..... old friend.

Concorde had it's final commercial flight today.

For the last 27 years, I've watched her take off and land. Every time that
I have seen her, I have been impressed by her beauty. There is no other
aircraft that looks so perfect in the air. There is no other aircraft that
conjures up the same sense of pure awe.

I've heard the sonic boom a couple of times. The French Concorde used to
fly north, and break the sound barrier over the English Channel. Both times
that I heard it, I was down below. It sounded like two very loud hammer
blows on the hull in quick succession. Both times, I shot into the
cockpit, and was surprised to see a tiny aircraft at about 35,000 ft.

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

For the last 27 years, I've watched her take off and land.

I've flown the Concorde 4 times. No big deal. Terrible seats, but damn nice to
cut that travel time. Not worth cost, but then it wasn't my concern.

RB
katysails

It sounded like two very loud hammer...

When I was a kid, the Air Force and National Guard used to fly out of =
Detroit Metro. We lived at the halfway point between Metro and Willow =
Run Airports and my Dad was still stationed at Willow Run. They used to =
fly those things overhead and break the sound barrier every Sunday =
afternoon....you'd be out in the yard playing peacefully, when BOOM...in =
an era when everyone was afriad of the A Bomb, it was quite unnerving at =
times. Loosened up all our windows in their frames, too.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

John Cairns

You know, when I went down south last February I changed planes at JFK
outbound and inbound and I saw one of the Air France planes sitting on the
tarmac, I've only seen the thing in the air twice, it was incredible how
graceful the thing looked compared to the other passenger jets in the
vicinity. I was also surprised to see how small it is.
John Cairns
"Donal" wrote in message
Concorde had it's final commercial flight today.

For the last 27 years, I've watched her take off and land. Every time

that
I have seen her, I have been impressed by her beauty. There is no other
aircraft that looks so perfect in the air. There is no other aircraft

that
conjures up the same sense of pure awe.

I've heard the sonic boom a couple of times. The French Concorde used to
fly north, and break the sound barrier over the English Channel. Both

times
that I heard it, I was down below. It sounded like two very loud hammer
blows on the hull in quick succession. Both times, I shot into the
cockpit, and was surprised to see a tiny aircraft at about 35,000 ft.

Regards

Donal

Martin Baxter

Donal wrote:

Concorde had it's final commercial flight today.

For the last 27 years, I've watched her take off and land. Every time that
I have seen her, I have been impressed by her beauty. There is no other
aircraft that looks so perfect in the air. There is no other aircraft that
conjures up the same sense of pure awe.

Oh I think an SR-71 taking of at dawn with full afterburner is way more
impressive.

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit

When I was a kid, the Air Force and National Guard used to fly out of =
Detroit Metro.

In biplanes!

RB
Bobsprit

passenger jets in the
vicinity. I was also surprised to see how small it is.

Holy crud.

RB
Bobsprit

Oh I think an SR-71 taking of at dawn with full afterburner is way more
impressive.

Some people won't get it, can't get it and will never get it.
I agree with Donal. The point of the Concorde was that it was "ours."
Martin, do you practice idiocy? Stop practicing. You've gone pro.

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
SAIL LOCO

I've flown the Concorde 4 times. No big deal. Terrible seats, but damn
nice to
cut that travel time. Not worth cost, but then it wasn't my concern...

I've got a hundred bucks that says you can't produce a bording pass with your
name on it from even one of your flights.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Portable VHF Gift for a Friend... Harry Krause General 13 November 30th 03 02:30 PM
Our missing friend akasharkbow General 2 September 29th 03 11:28 AM
For a friend.......... Bill Kiene General 4 August 12th 03 05:49 AM