DSK

Default A couple new pictures . . .

Simple Simon wrote:

My anchor lines are 9/16 three-strand nylon. The halyards
are 3/8" three-strand nylon.

That's pathetic.

9/16" is far too thick & heavy for an anchor rode for a 27' sailboat, even one that is bloated and
overloaded like yours.

Not the same thing. The halyards
are combination wire rope and fiber rope. The nylon tail is
only a foot or two long when the sails are hoisted and used
to go around the cleat or winch and cleat. It's a simple and
servicable set-up. You should consider the same.

Umm, no. Nobody with two nickels, or two brain cells, to rub together should consider any such thing.
Wire rope is weaker & stretchier than modern fiber rope, and it presents a serious chafe hazard and
strand-hook hazard.

Having wire rope on any boat smaller than about 300 tons is a sign of serious boneheadedness.

DSK

Scott Vernon

Oh, I see. Well then what's that long line going up the mast in this
pic.? http://captneal.homestead.com/files/reefpatchdetail.jpg

SV

"Simple Simon" wrote ...
The nylon tail is
only a foot or two long when the sails are hoisted

SAIL LOCO

It's a simple and
servicable set-up. You should consider the same.

Yea, I'd like to trade my simple 5/16" Technora core double braid for your old
fashon, heavy, meat hook, complicated, prone to failure wire to rope halyards.
Especially since they use that stretchy 3-strand Nylon tail.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

Well then what's that long line going up the mast in this pic.?

Busted! Oh he'll probably say that's his 3/8" heavy duty flag halyard.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Horvath

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:59:04 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Right. The Cal 28 that it looks like we're going to get
currently has wire/rope, which we'll be switching to rope.

You said you weren't getting the Cal 28. And who's this "we"? Is
that you and your boyfriend?

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.
Capt. Mooron

"Horvath" wrote in message
And who's this "we"? Is
| that you and your boyfriend?

......are you jealous Horvath?

CM

Simple Simon

In that picture three "lines" can be seen.

Starting from forward one can see the wire jib halyard.
In the middle one can see the black loom covering the
wires that go to the masthead(wind instrument, antenna
coax and anchor light wire -currently not in use)
and aftmost one can see the topping lift line.

Satisfied?

S.Simon