Bobsprit

Default The Amazing Coronado 27

Enjoy, folks....and yes! It's all true.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/page3.html

Capt Robert B
Alien-C&C 32
City Island, NY
Jeff Morris

I don't know, Boobie, your lame troll is actually making Neal look good.

Fixing a broken boom rather than throwing it away is resourceful. The slight bend will
have no significant affect on performance. And there's no way that a brand new cruising
sail will look right when first set in light air. There's plenty about Neal that we might
take issue with, but reposting his pictures on your site is just plain stupid.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Enjoy, folks....and yes! It's all true.

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/page3.html

Capt Robert B
Alien-C&C 32
City Island, NY

Bobsprit

Fixing a broken boom rather than throwing it away is resourceful.

You think that's a good repair? is that what you'd suggest to someone with a
broken boom?
Oh, okay!!!
Shame on you, Jeff. Seriously. If you believe what you write then you're a
complete idiot.

RB

Jeff Morris

Yes, it is a good repair. Not better than new, but actually in this case it might be.
Frankly, if it were me, I would be on the phone to my rigger, ordering a new boom. But
everyone has their own priorities. If Neal want to save a few bucks, that's OK

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Fixing a broken boom rather than throwing it away is resourceful.

You think that's a good repair? is that what you'd suggest to someone with a
broken boom?
Oh, okay!!!
Shame on you, Jeff. Seriously. If you believe what you write then you're a
complete idiot.

RB

Bobsprit

Yes, it is a good repair. Not better than new, but actually in this case it
might be.

Yep, Jeff! This pic clearly shows us all how you diagnosed the quality of the
repair!

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/boomrepair.jpg

Jeff, you've really acted like a jerk to start off the day! Oh, wait....you
weren't acting! Your kids must cringe when they see you!

Bwahahahahaha! A last slam for the road, folks!

RB

Jeff Morris

How much stress is it going to take? Does he care about the weight? Is he going to race?
Does it destroy the resale value?

I'm not claiming this is the best repair, or even a "proper" repair. But it does look
like it will do the job, and its fits right in with the rest of the boat.

"The Captains Nemesis" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:18:39 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

Yes, it is a good repair. Not better than new, but actually in this case it might be.
Frankly, if it were me, I would be on the phone to my rigger, ordering a new boom. But
everyone has their own priorities. If Neal want to save a few bucks, that's OK

Jesus Jeff, he drove some lengths of galvanized water pipe thru the
boom to repair it!

See any evidence of a tradesman like sleeve job, I can't.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Bobsprit

But it does look
like it will do the job, and its fits right in with the rest of the boat.

Jeff, you are clearly and idiot and a dangerous one.
1) There is no evidence that it will "do the job."
2) A bent boom will effect resale value of even a cheap boat like the 27.
3) Now you admit that it's not a "proper" repair.

Good lord, man.

RB
Bobsprit

My diagnosis is based on that fact that its lasted 10 years.

On a mooring? Good diagnosis, Jeff!
You remain a proven idiot.

Capt RB
SkitchNYC

But it does look
like it will do the job, and its fits right in with the rest of the boat.

Jeff, you are clearly and idiot and a dangerous one.
1) There is no evidence that it will "do the job."
2) A bent boom will effect resale value of even a cheap boat like the 27.
3) Now you admit that it's not a "proper" repair.

Good lord, man.

RB

Look, Jeff is right. If it works for Simp, that is all that matters. Who are
you to be criticizing him, when he lives out on the sea and puts himself
through a life of hardship to gain the freedom that you are too absorbed in the
humdrum even to dream about? He rides a bicycle everywhere and lives in a
small boat subject to the elements, while you live in a city hovel, drive
everywhere and sail for only a few hours at a time within swimming distance of
land. He is tanned and fit and you are overweight and sickly. Your priorities
are all wrong, boy.

Link to amazing Hurricane Isabel animation NOYB General 0 September 12th 03 04:24 PM
Coronado 27 kicks ass. Capt. Mooron ASA 10 August 21st 03 10:36 PM
Coronado 20 something Bobsprit ASA 1 August 13th 03 05:52 PM
Coronado Figures CANDChelp ASA 3 July 26th 03 03:24 AM
Another happy Coronado owner checks in. Simple Simon ASA 5 July 24th 03 09:03 PM