Bobsprit

Default Sorry, Mooron...but tell us...

Why haven't you sailed this season, Mooron? You finally got the poor thing
launched. So what's wrong? Be honest. I know your trolls mean more than what
they seem. My happy sailing season has you down, but why?
Tell us. We'll listen. No jokes. Are you not well?

Capt RB
C&C 32
NY
Capt. Mooron

You're right bob... I haven't sailed much this season. Maybe a dozen
outings.

My mother has taken 3 strokes in the last 6 months and my father has been a
nervous wreck. He's extremely confused... bordering on Alzheimer's. He
becomes distressed when I leave for more than a day or two. I'm completing
renovations to the house to make it more "Elder Friendly".. ramps, rails,
painting and needed renovations while the weather allows me to work outside.
I have to take my mom into physiotherapy 3 times a week and run all the
errands as well as do all the work on the farm. I'm broke and can't afford
to buy gas to get to my boat in Mahone Bay. When I do get away I spend a lot
of time concerned about how my parents are doing while alone. The
possibility of my going to work in the Arctic for six months is a major
concern.

Luckily I have friends who look after Overproof for me since they live
nearby. I haven't had the opportunity to wrestle the 500 lb concrete mooring
out to it's intended location.... just off the shorefront here.

The good points are I get to go fishing with my old man and we share a lot
of good times and laughs. I get to fulfill my obligations to my family and
enjoy the time spent with them in their golden years when they can use my
youth and strength. It's not time wasted....

Life deals the cards Bob... and I roll with the punches.

Go ahead and gloat some more Bob.... it will make you feel so much
superior.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Why haven't you sailed this season, Mooron? You finally got the poor thing
| launched. So what's wrong? Be honest. I know your trolls mean more than
what
| they seem. My happy sailing season has you down, but why?
| Tell us. We'll listen. No jokes. Are you not well?
|
| Capt RB
| C&C 32
| NY

Bobsprit

Life deals the cards Bob... and I roll with the punches.

All trolling aside...sorry about the hand you're currently playing. Perhaps the
next draw will improve.

RB
James

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
You're right bob... I haven't sailed much this season. Maybe a dozen
outings.

The good points are I get to go fishing with my old man and we share a lot
of good times and laughs. I get to fulfill my obligations to my family and
enjoy the time spent with them in their golden years when they can use my
youth and strength. It's not time wasted....

Well said! Good times and family are whats important.

Life deals the cards Bob... and I roll with the punches.

Go ahead and gloat some more Bob.... it will make you feel so much
superior.

CM

Will feeling superior make you life more valid?
You care about anything else?
Sigh......

Donal

[...]

Geeze, that sounds tough. Tell your mother that there are people around the
world who are hoping/praying for a good recovery.

Luckily I have friends who look after Overproof for me since they live
nearby. I haven't had the opportunity to wrestle the 500 lb concrete

mooring
out to it's intended location.... just off the shorefront here.

The good points are I get to go fishing with my old man and we share a lot
of good times and laughs. I get to fulfill my obligations to my family and
enjoy the time spent with them in their golden years when they can use my
youth and strength. It's not time wasted....

That sounds like you are earning riches that will last you forever! I hope
that they both do well.

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

"Donal" wrote in message

| Geeze, that sounds tough. Tell your mother that there are people around
the
| world who are hoping/praying for a good recovery.

Thanks Donal... yes it is difficult. She's still active despite her
condition. I've seen my father slip from a wizard at electronics, designing
and assembling deep sea testing equipment for tectonic plate research on the
mid Atlantic ridge to some one who is confused by a simple light switch
installation. I'm glad I paid attention and learned a lot from him during
his good times. We spend a lot of time rowing in the bay ..... fishing,
talking and laughing.

| That sounds like you are earning riches that will last you forever! I
hope
| that they both do well.

I'm bound and intent that my parents will never see an Old Age Home and have
the opportunity to live out their lives in their house with their family
close by and involved in their life. Mom is in her 80's and Dad in his 90's.

CM

katysails

You're a good guy, Mooron....(in more ways than one!)

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Capt. Mooron

Just promise you won't cut me any slack because of it Kitty.... ;-)

CM

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

John Cairns

Sorry to hear it CM. I was feeling badly because I haven't been out much on
my boat much due to racing obligations, silly me.
John Cairns

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| Why haven't you sailed this season, Mooron? You finally got the poor

thing
| launched. So what's wrong? Be honest. I know your trolls mean more than
what
| they seem. My happy sailing season has you down, but why?
| Tell us. We'll listen. No jokes. Are you not well?
|
| Capt RB
| C&C 32
| NY

Thom Stewart

RB,

If you would read what is posted on this list, of a serious nature you
would be aware that CM is living a family obligation. Many lives extend
farther than a Troll.

Excuse me for reminding you of real life. Continue to exist in you own
world of fiction and deceit.

OT

Mooron Donal ASA 254 September 19th 03 01:49 PM
Mooron is 100% correct. Simple Simon ASA 6 September 10th 03 09:03 PM
Mooron vs. Boobs skitch ASA 3 August 27th 03 11:59 PM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 1 July 25th 03 03:02 AM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:29 AM