Flounder

Default Scary Night!

You can hyperextend them by using a towel clenched between each hand with
about two feet of towel in between and rotating your extended arms over your
head to behind your back. Are you that flexible?

Severe muscle damage from a 22 pound bicycle. Next time get Suzzy or your
little sister to lift it.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The range of motion test? Couldn't you do it yourself and figure out you
sprained a muscle?

Nope. I was asked to stretch my arms straight out and back. A nurse

pressed at
my arms hyperextending them. Can't see how I'd do this myself.
Diagnosis:
Chest wall pain. Presc. Viox (Rofecoxib).
I'll have a followup checkup with my doctor next week.
St. Francis is one of the top cardiac treatment centers in the USA.

RB

Simple Simon

None of his stories add up. When are you guys going
to quit biting on his nonsense?

S.Simon

"Flounder" wrote in message . net...
A stress test in the ER? It takes about 2-3 hours just to get the chest
xrays and blood work back.

What doctor would give a patient a stress test without knowing the results
of the above? Remember, you said it took only two hours for the whole
examination to conclude.

The range of motion test? Couldn't you do it yourself and figure out you
sprained a muscle? Why run to the ER for a sprained muscle that can clearly
be shown through a range of motion test?

You've been reading Suzzette's nursing book haven't you? No hospital gives a
cardiac stress test within hours of reported chest pains. The do a 12 lead
ECG, x rays and an enzyme test. Did they do a thorium test too to check for
ischemia?

Nice try, but your story doesn't add up.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
How could they possible tell you had a strained chest muscle? They were

just
guessing. If the pains came on suddenly, you may have had muscle cramps in
the chest. That's different than a strain.

A stress test was done. Range of motion test was consistent with muscle

tissue
damage.
I don't smoke, drink or have heart disease in my family. I'm about twice

as
strong as most humans and have a resting heart rate (tested that eve) of

68. My
cholesterold was recently tested at 144.
I'm 40 years old. See you in 50 years or so!

RB

Donal

"Simple Simon" wrote in message

None of his stories add up. When are you guys going
to quit biting on his nonsense?

Get a grip, Neal. What do you mean by "you guys"? Only Oz believes
everything that Bob writes. The rest of us take it all with a pinch of
salt.

Regards

Donal

Jonathan Ganz

Your resting heart rate is no great shakes. Mine is 60 and I'm
significantly older than you. Last time they took mine in an ER
(got bit by a f*cking stray cat and my thumb swelled up like a
balloon), I was standing when they took it (a busy night at the
ER I guess). My bp was 98/65.

The nurse couldn't believe it, so after a couple of tries she got
some pimply faced intern to try himself. He did it twice with the
same result. He asked me if I ran. I said, not unless someone is
chasing me.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
How could they possible tell you had a strained chest muscle? They were

just
guessing. If the pains came on suddenly, you may have had muscle cramps in
the chest. That's different than a strain.

A stress test was done. Range of motion test was consistent with muscle

tissue
damage.
I don't smoke, drink or have heart disease in my family. I'm about twice

as
strong as most humans and have a resting heart rate (tested that eve) of

68. My
cholesterold was recently tested at 144.
I'm 40 years old. See you in 50 years or so!

RB

katysails

My bp was 98/65.

You sure that that wasn't more indicative of being shocky from the cat =
bite? If your finger swelled up, then you obviously had an adverse =
reaction to cat saliva which affects the autoimmune system and could =
have been a mild case of anaphalaxia.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scott Vernon

Damn! My voodoo's not strong enough. Maybe longer needles?

Scotty

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Woke up the night before last at 2:00 am with chest pains, centered heart

area.
Went to St. Francis Cardiac med. ctr. Fearing a possible heart attack they
rushed me in, did x-rays, blood work and so on.
Two hours later they found that I had strained muscle tissue in my chest.
Probably did it mountain biking on a run and carry. No cause for alarm and
heart was perfect.
A scary night to say the least and my first visit to an ER in 15 years.

R.

katysails

Damn! My voodoo's not strong enough. Maybe longer needles?

Scotty

Naw....you judst didn't dip them in the right substance....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scott Vernon

send me some, PLEASE.

SV

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Capt. Mooron

Needles???...... You carve a turkey with an electric knife don't you?

CM