Scott Vernon

Default Capt. Mooron, please advise...

I will probably sail down to Rock Hall tomorrow. The entrance to the
anchorage is 'a bit tricky' if not downright 'challenging'. The channel is a
mere 120' wide (only enough room for one boat at a time), and marked with
buoys. Also there is a 'confusing tide' (sometimes it's in, sometimes it's
out). I don't have the luxury of radar, plotting GPS, or a Rand McNally
'cruising guide'. All I have is a chart.
My question is; how many times should I 'pass back & forth ' studying the
challenging entrance? Should I just stay at the slip?

Scotty

Bobsprit

Should I just stay at the slip?

Yup. Why change now?

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Scott Vernon

"Bobsprit" wrote ...
Should I just stay at the slip?

Yup. That's what I do.

RwannaB

Bobsprit

I don't have the luxury of radar, plotting GPS, or a Rand McNally
'cruising guide'.

You don't have a GPS?

RB

Scott Vernon

Gee! I hope I don't hit any rocks!

SV

Capt. Mooron

I can't recommend the Bobsprit method of navigation by "Feel'n'Fear" .....
forgetting the batteries for your only GPS, having no idea of seafloor
topography, no clue as to tide and defying the warning on his cruising guide
to not use it for navigation is a deadly combo when you include tossing
common sense to the wind!

I can understand your angst after reading about all the errors made on
Alien's Epic voyage. He was fortunate that the Chaos Theory was in effect
and luckily the numerous errors cancelled each other out.

My recommendation would be to relax and enjoy the sail. Have a couple of
glasses of Rum and Coke... then you'll realize that it's far easier to
navigate properly than rely on an out of date poorly written fright mag like
the cruising guide Bob used... never mind the requirement to invent people
who you can state agreed with the fiasco presented as a "Trip Report"

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| I will probably sail down to Rock Hall tomorrow. The entrance to the
| anchorage is 'a bit tricky' if not downright 'challenging'. The channel is
| mere 120' wide (only enough room for one boat at a time), and marked with
| buoys. Also there is a 'confusing tide' (sometimes it's in, sometimes it's
| out). I don't have the luxury of radar, plotting GPS, or a Rand McNally
| 'cruising guide'. All I have is a chart.
| My question is; how many times should I 'pass back & forth ' studying the
| challenging entrance? Should I just stay at the slip?
|
| Scotty

Scott Vernon

I will take your recommendation and let you know how it worked upon my
return( no pics). Captain Morgan was emptied last trip, Bacardi and Pepsi
will have to do.

Scotty

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I can't recommend the Bobsprit method of navigation by "Feel'n'Fear" .....
forgetting the batteries for your only GPS, having no idea of seafloor
topography, no clue as to tide and defying the warning on his cruising

guide
to not use it for navigation is a deadly combo when you include tossing
common sense to the wind!

I can understand your angst after reading about all the errors made on
Alien's Epic voyage. He was fortunate that the Chaos Theory was in effect
and luckily the numerous errors cancelled each other out.

My recommendation would be to relax and enjoy the sail. Have a couple of
glasses of Rum and Coke... then you'll realize that it's far easier to
navigate properly than rely on an out of date poorly written fright mag

like
the cruising guide Bob used... never mind the requirement to invent people
who you can state agreed with the fiasco presented as a "Trip Report"

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| I will probably sail down to Rock Hall tomorrow. The entrance to the
| anchorage is 'a bit tricky' if not downright 'challenging'. The channel

is
| mere 120' wide (only enough room for one boat at a time), and marked

with
| buoys. Also there is a 'confusing tide' (sometimes it's in, sometimes

it's
| out). I don't have the luxury of radar, plotting GPS, or a Rand McNally
| 'cruising guide'. All I have is a chart.
| My question is; how many times should I 'pass back & forth ' studying

the
| challenging entrance? Should I just stay at the slip?
|
| Scotty

Horvath

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:47:29 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

I will probably sail down to Rock Hall tomorrow. The entrance to the
anchorage is 'a bit tricky' if not downright 'challenging'. The channel is a
mere 120' wide (only enough room for one boat at a time), and marked with
buoys. Also there is a 'confusing tide' (sometimes it's in, sometimes it's
out). I don't have the luxury of radar, plotting GPS, or a Rand McNally
'cruising guide'. All I have is a chart.
My question is; how many times should I 'pass back & forth ' studying the
challenging entrance? Should I just stay at the slip?

Just don't run out of beer.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!
Capt. Mooron

"Horvath" wrote in message

| Just don't run out of beer.

Oh cripes Horvath... you've just invoked the wrath of Bobsprit!

Retract that statement before Bob starts a sermon on the evils of alcohol
under sail!!

CM

Where is the famous Capt. Mooron? Lady Pilot ASA 3 August 23rd 03 12:07 AM
Ahoy Capt. Mooron Capt. Mooron ASA 0 August 21st 03 11:11 PM
Where are you, Capt. Mooron? Madam Vinyl ASA 2 July 29th 03 02:41 AM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 1 July 25th 03 03:02 AM
Capt Mooron ride a horse Capt.American ASA 0 July 25th 03 02:29 AM