Amidships

Default I Learned everything I know about sailing from Katysails...

Amidships - condition of being surrounded by boats.
Anchor - a device designed to bring up mud samples from the bottom at
inopportune or unexpected times.

Anchor Light - a small light used to discharge the battery before daylight.

Berth - a little addition to the crew.

Boom - sometimes the result of a surprise jibe.

Bottom Paint - what you get when the cockpit seats are freshly painted.

Chart - a type of map which tells you exactly where you are aground.

Clew - an indication from the skipper as to what he might do next.

Companionway - a double berth.

Dead Reckoning - a course leading directly to a reef.

Deadrise - getting up to check the anchor at 0300.

Deviation - any departure from the Captain's orders.

Dinghy - the sound of the ship's bell.

Displacement - when you dock your boat and can't find it later.

Estimated Position - a place you have marked on the chart where you are sure
you are not.

First Mate - crew member necessary for skippers to practice shouting
instructions to.

Foul Wind - breeze produced by flying turkey.

Freeboard - food and liquor supplied by the owner.

Headway - what you are making if you can't get the toilet to work.

Heave-Ho - what you do when you've eaten too much Ho.

Jibe - either you like it or you don't and it gets you.

Keel - term used by 1st mate after too much heel by skipper.

Landlubber - anyone on board who wishes he were not.

Latitude - the number of degrees off course allowed a guest.

Mast - religious ritual used before setting sail.

Mizzen - an object you can't find.

Ram - an intricate docking maneuver sometimes used by experienced skippers.

Rhumb Line - two or more crew members waiting for a drink.

Sheet - cool, damp, salty night covering.

Shroud - equipment used in connection with a wake.

Starboard - special board used by skippers for navigation(usually with
"Port" on the opposite side.)

Swell - a wave that's just great.

Square Rigger - a rigger over 30.

Top Ten Things Overheard During the Clinton/Kennedy Sailing Trip

10. No, Bill, I'm not seasick -- I always throw up this time of day
9. Isn't there a way to catch fish that are already fried?
8. We're listing to the left -- get Ted's head back to the center of
the boat
7. Who wants another Chivas and salt water?
6. The main sail just ripped -- Senator, can we borrow your pants?
5. This time I'll be Captain Steubing and you can be Gopher
4. If you're outside U.S. waters, it's technically not adultery
3. That's not a doughnut, Mr. President -- it's a life preserver
2. Isn't a case of Jim Beam a bit much for a 30-minute boat ride?
1. Ship ahoy, Captain Tubby!

Amidships

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
This is how I do it since i can't get anyone to play with me.

Yes. Really no surprise here, really.

Enjoy yourself.

Bertie the Bunyip

Default Froggery, assault and idiocy!

"Amidships" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
This is how I do it since i can't get anyone to play with me.

Yes. Really no surprise here, really.

Enjoy yourself.

snort!

God I love usenet. Filters on the blink, BTW?

Bertei