Bobsprit

Default Alien, a real sailing boat.`

Well, here I am, checking in to see 75 new posts from people who claim to have
boats that sail.
What did Alien do today, you ask???? Well, I'll tell you!

My folks came from PA for a sail along with my Uncle and cousins. My little
cousin Emily was also there to enjoy her 1st sail. We set out in light winds
and enjoyed the cooler cloudy day. I flipped on the radio, heard the same NOAA
report and powered up the radar. Nothing but traffic. Suzanne was busy showing
everyone the boat and letting people take turns at the helm. I kept an eye on
the radar and took pics. The wind picked up a bit and I saw a large mass on the
radar, heading our way! It was set to 3 mile range (comments on best range for
storm detection, folks?).
Whoo hoo! My 1st real chance to use the radar. The mass was moving fast and I
could see that we might skirt it's edge at best. Everyone had time to put gear
on or get below. Just as the mass was coming to the screen center..wham!!!
heavy rain, and some stiff gusts. I had already reeefed the main and furled the
jib down. It was a wet ride, but man, we were moving! It probably only gusted
to 20-25 knots, but the reefs were a precuation and I was ready to drop
everything fast. Emily and Suzanne stayed on deck.
The little storm passed within 15 minutes and we were sailing along in light
air again. Emily loved the boat and helm. She'll be back soon!
Here's a pic after the rain with a real sailor at work!
http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/emily.jpg
And the people here call themselves sailors??!!! Bahh!

Capt RB
Popeye

Default Alien, a real sailing boat, but is Bob a real sailor?

"Bobsprit" wrote:

Suzanne was busy showing
everyone the boat and letting people take turns at the helm. I kept an eye

on
the radar and took pics.

Uh, Bobby.....

You're always doing this, doing that, and taking pictures of other people at
the helm. Don't you know how to sail?

Jonathan Ganz

And I thought bob was fat... whew...

I'm amazed that the boat is actually somewhat level
with all that weight in the stern... maybe bob is far
enough forward.