NH_/\)_

Default Question?

I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said they
still get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being out
for a long period of time?

NH_/)_
NH_/\)_

Humm Ok question answered -- I had better plan on getting sick

NH_/)_

"DSK" wrote in message
"NH_/)_" wrote:

I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said theystill
get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being outfor a
long period of time?

How long is a "long period of time?" Most people will adapt after less
than 48 hours, but I have known a few people who would be quite seasick
after a week at sea.

When conditions are bouncy. it makes me slightly queasy to be enclosed
in a small cabin trying to navigate or make some tedious repair, but
that's a fairly common effect AFAIK. Fresh air, a view of the horizon,
and taking an active role, are almost universal cures. Ginger is said to
help, we always keep a stock of ginger ale on board.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Simple Simon

I never get seasick. The reason is because I live aboard.
The motion of my boat has become second nature to me
and my cat who also never becomes seasick.

The only cure for seasickness is to become immune to
it. The only way to become immune to it is to eat, drink,
awaken to, go to sleep to, work to, study to, internet to
and crap to sailing and the only way to that is to live aboard
and sail around. Living aboard at a dock does not count. One
must sail around and anchor or moor out where there is
motion to be had even when not underway.

I hope this helps.

"NH_/)_" wrote in message ...
I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said they
still get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being out
for a long period of time?

NH_/)_

NH_/\)_

I see so it just depends on the person, well I hope I adapt well
or I will be spending time hanging over the side LOL

NH_/)_

wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:06:04 GMT, "NH_/\)_"
wrote:

I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said they
still get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being out
for a long period of time?

Length of time doesn't seem to be a factor for me, but a very hot day
with little breeze and a glassy water surface are sometimes trouble.

BB

Bobsprit

The only cure for seasickness is to become immune to
it.

Best thing to avoid seasickness is to reef. It fixes everything!

Capt RB

Jonathan Ganz

Sure. It happens, but rarely. Used to be years ago I'd be teaching
a class, have to do something relatively strenuous and get overheated.
Then, I'd get a big quesy. Now, I don't seem to be affected in the bay.
Also, I used to get fairly nauseous outside the Gate... e.g., to the
Farallons and back (through the potato patch). After a 1000 mile
trip down the coast to Cabo, that pretty much stopped that when I
go offshore. I think a large part of it is knowing what to expect and
how your body reacts to the conditions. I don't think anyone gets
past it completely, but you can deal. As others have said, active
participation makes a huge difference.
"NH_/)_" wrote in message ...
I was reading another group...and a long time sailor said they
still get the sickness, do any of you still get sick? after being out
for a long period of time?

NH_/)_
Bobsprit

I can begin to feel queasy after as little as 30 seconds below.

Holy sweet jesus.

RB
Simple Simon

Druggie!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
The only cure for seasickness is to become immune to
it.

Best thing to avoid seasickness is to smoke reefer. It fixes everything!

Capt RB

Bobsprit

Never
felt bad while helming.

What? Three times?

RB

Mercury Mark 58,piston question Clams Canino General 1 May 2nd 04 08:58 PM
Wiring Question Marc Electronics 3 March 21st 04 12:20 AM
Another strip-plank question - a bit long Pete Boat Building 3 January 12th 04 08:03 PM
Other choice and counterpoise question Earl Haase Electronics 3 October 31st 03 06:43 PM
Exhaust question on inboard 1958 Chris Craft Gary Warner General 5 September 25th 03 12:32 AM