DSK

Default Sailing With Jeff...

Lurker wrote:

Ahhhhh... You can identify the bay sailors.

As opposed to the non-sailor wannabees who read an old book about sailing once,
at the public library, and now have lots of "advice"? Give it a rest. You sound
dumber than the Craptoon©.

.... Offshore alone, a slight hope
is better than no hope at all.

A harness, properly rigged, is far better than "a slight hope." Of course, way
back when you read that library book, harnesses were not yet even the wave of
the future (pardon the pun).

... And you should make sure the line is longer
than 10 feet or no, you really have no chance at all.

If you are sailing a barn-shaped boat with a SA/Disp ratio of about 3, then
yes, you can grab a line "longer than 10 feet or so" before the boat has sailed
away from you.

Yes, I have pulled
myself aboard after being able to grasp something solid.

You mean the rocks in your head didn't take you straight to the bottom? You
know nothing at all about the subject.... wait a minute, you probably are
Crapton Kneel© posting under a different fake name...

DSK

CANDChelp

If she rounds up Bob... what the hell is the rope good for... swim to the
frickin' boat.

The boat can round up, but still be drifting off and fairly quickly...unless
you have hold of that way-cool MOB line! Also: If a Dolphin bites your legs
off, the sudden loss of drag will enable you to pull your torso on board.

RB

CANDChelp

Grab a clue and shut the **** up... you have nothing to offer.

Chill out, Mooron, I'll handle this sea toad!
Neal, I have probably three times your physical strength. In an arm wrestle I
can usually win out against TWO men at the same time! I'm capable of cracking
an opponent's wrist bones on hand strength alone (I did this breaking up a
fight).
I can swim distance with ease and don't tire easily. In the water and out, I'm
your genetic master.
Assuming you magically managed to grab your rope, it's highly unlikely you'd be
able to pull yourself aboard at speed. Of course you'd never grab the rope
anyway.
By the way, I have UHS in both hands. I doubt you know what that is, because
your a weak man.

Capt. RB
Jonathan Ganz

That's right. The likelihood of being able to pull yourself back
in is about as likely as being able to grab the line to begin with.
Lines off the stern have been used to slow the boat, but beyond
that, they're not much use. We did put one out when we were
swimming from the boat every day at 1pm during a trip down
the California/Baja coast, but we were drifting at about 1 knot.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Sheesh.... another "expert"..... have you ever tried to pull yourself

back
to a boat doing even 4 knots? I'll clue you in here... it can't be done.
That advise is as dangerous as it is useless.

CM

"Lurker" wrote in message
.. .
| Actually, it's a good idea for anyone who singlehands, especially alone,
| trail a line with some sort of float attached in case you get knocked
| overboard. This is especially true if you venture outside an inlet.
|

| "CANDChelp" wrote in message
| Jeff sails staring at his compass. His radio, especially in a busy
harbor
| is
| making a constant racket as 100 pleasure boats hail eachother for beer
and
| fishing tips. He trails a line behind his boat to constantly remind

him,
| and
| anyone else, that his boat doesn't sail a straight line.
|
| Sounds fun!!!
|
| RB

Simple Simon

Bite me. I can do it and have done it and will do
it again. I don't think some Canadian faggot has
anything to say to me that is of any worth so it
is your turn to shut your piehole before I shut
it for you with a balled up fist.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
I did try it you decrepit piece of lying flotsam... and I assure you I could
lift your emaciated little frame and twist it into a friggin' pretzel....
and I can't pull myself up to my boat at 5 knots. I've swam since I was 11
months old and scuba dive as well as free dive. I'm in twice the shape you
are and even smoking a cigarette, a blunt and drinking a beer I could out
run and out swim you. I'll tell you right now you are bull****ting. Not only
can't you do it... but you're shooting off your yap about something you have
no experience with.... could never accomplish and have never tried. So until
you know something about the subject.. do me a friggin' favour and shut your
maw. You're spewing crap again....

CM

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
| You might have weenie arms but those of us who
| are fit can pull ourselves hand over hand up a knotted
| line of sufficient diameter at four or five knots. The
| secret is to arch one's back and get most of one's
| body out of the water and surfing along. Try it
| behind a skiff sometime. It is not all that hard to
| do.
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Sheesh.... another "expert"..... have you ever tried to pull yourself
back
| to a boat doing even 4 knots? I'll clue you in here... it can't be
done.
| That advise is as dangerous as it is useless.
|
| CM
|
| "Lurker" wrote in message
| .. .
| | Actually, it's a good idea for anyone who singlehands, especially
alone,
| | trail a line with some sort of float attached in case you get knocked
| | overboard. This is especially true if you venture outside an inlet.
| |
| |
| | "CANDChelp" wrote in message
| | Jeff sails staring at his compass. His radio, especially in a busy
| harbor
| | is
| | making a constant racket as 100 pleasure boats hail eachother for
beer
| and
| | fishing tips. He trails a line behind his boat to constantly remind
him,
| | and
| | anyone else, that his boat doesn't sail a straight line.
| |
| | Sounds fun!!!
| |
| | RB
| |
| |
| |

Flying Tadpole

Scott Vernon wrote:

Hi Doug. It was nice of you to not mention 'Lady Kate' by name.

WRM, it must be about _your_ turn to keep the el grasso fires
burning. So drop the Oz voodoo doll and get back to duty. (I
would've thought you'd be satisfied with the collar bone)

--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Flying Tadpole

Nah, just bogged down with reports; and wasting too much time
watching MC's ballet production. (also hungry for a donut, but I
don't think it'll ever come, now).

FT