The_navigator©

Default Dan buoys

The weather was fair and the high winds had subsided this WE so we did
some offshore MOB drills. Threw the Dan buoy over and the damn thing
nearly sank! I could not see any defect in the float. Just a warning,
your Dan buoy may be near useless so test it! Bought a new one ~80 USD.
How many here have them I wonder -they really are essential off shore kit.

Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!

Cheers MC

Capt. Mooron

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
| The weather was fair and the high winds had subsided this WE so we did
| some offshore MOB drills. Threw the Dan buoy over and the damn thing
| nearly sank! I could not see any defect in the float. Just a warning,
| your Dan buoy may be near useless so test it! Bought a new one ~80 USD.
| How many here have them I wonder -they really are essential off shore kit.

What's a "Dan Bouy"???

| Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
| impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
| it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!

It sounds from the description you gave that the little lady put Ella bang
*onto* the dock....

CM

The_navigator©

No she got the point where you start the turn in across the interdock
channel (~60' wide) wrong and backed out for another try. Smart eh?

Cheers MC

Capt. Mooron wrote:
"The_navigator©" wrote in message
| The weather was fair and the high winds had subsided this WE so we did
| some offshore MOB drills. Threw the Dan buoy over and the damn thing
| nearly sank! I could not see any defect in the float. Just a warning,
| your Dan buoy may be near useless so test it! Bought a new one ~80 USD.
| How many here have them I wonder -they really are essential off shore kit.

What's a "Dan Bouy"???

| Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
| impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
| it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!

It sounds from the description you gave that the little lady put Ella bang
*onto* the dock....

CM

Capt. Mooron

Yeah... but what's a Dan Bouy?

CM

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
| No she got the point where you start the turn in across the interdock
| channel (~60' wide) wrong and backed out for another try. Smart eh?
|
| Cheers MC
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
| "The_navigator©" wrote in message
| | The weather was fair and the high winds had subsided this WE so we did
| | some offshore MOB drills. Threw the Dan buoy over and the damn thing
| | nearly sank! I could not see any defect in the float. Just a warning,
| | your Dan buoy may be near useless so test it! Bought a new one ~80
USD.
| | How many here have them I wonder -they really are essential off shore
kit.

| What's a "Dan Bouy"???
|

| | Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
| | impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
| | it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!
|
| It sounds from the description you gave that the little lady put Ella
bang
| *onto* the dock....
|
| CM

The_navigator©

Don't worry your littkle head about it. It's only for serious off shore use.

Cheers MC

Capt. Mooron wrote:
Yeah... but what's a Dan Bouy?

CM

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
| No she got the point where you start the turn in across the interdock
| channel (~60' wide) wrong and backed out for another try. Smart eh?
|
| Cheers MC
|
| Capt. Mooron wrote:
| "The_navigator©" wrote in message
| | The weather was fair and the high winds had subsided this WE so we did
| | some offshore MOB drills. Threw the Dan buoy over and the damn thing
| | nearly sank! I could not see any defect in the float. Just a warning,
| | your Dan buoy may be near useless so test it! Bought a new one ~80
USD.
| | How many here have them I wonder -they really are essential off shore
kit.

| What's a "Dan Bouy"???
|

| | Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
| | impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
| | it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!
|
| It sounds from the description you gave that the little lady put Ella
bang
| *onto* the dock....
|
| CM

Capt. Mooron

Thx Wally.....

A friggin' MOB pole..... I got one.

CM

"Wally" wrote in message
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message news:PmHSa.44091
|
| Yeah... but what's a Dan Bouy?
|
| http://seamarknunn.co.uk/catalog/subcat93.htm
|

| --
| Wally
| I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
| www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

katysails

Yeah... but what's a Dan Bouy?

It's a golf hole flag on a fiberglass pole with a floaty thingabob....no human would float up that high...best to use grandkids
for MOB drills...more lifelike...especially if you pay them to scream alot...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Gerard Weatherby

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:49:48 -0300, "Capt. Mooron" wrote:

Thx Wally.....

A friggin' MOB pole..... I got one.

But what if the guy who fell over isn't named "Dan"?

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org
katysails

But what if the guy who fell over isn't named "Dan"?

Then he'd be a "bob"....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Horvath

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:01:01 +1200, The_navigator©
wrote this crap:

Then my partner mader her first docking (on the second try). This is
impressive because the 40' long dock is only 3' wider than the boat so
it really takes some fine judgement. We did not even touch the side!

Wuss! My dock space is only one foot wider than my beam.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Boaters' services slowly slipping away.. Gould 0738 General 6 July 18th 04 04:16 AM
Buoy locations Bruce General 14 July 1st 04 10:09 PM
weblink to data buoys Parallax Cruising 20 November 7th 03 12:56 AM
Great memory tool for Cardinal buoys Gould 0738 General 1 November 3rd 03 04:28 AM