Parallax

Default weblink to data buoys

Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

Oh, I spose this is useless idea #3743
Capt Lou

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/Northeast.shtml

"Listen to the live broadcast of 'Nautical Talk Radio' with Captain Lou every
Sunday afternoon from 4 - 5 (Eastern Standard Time) on the web at
www.959watd.com or if you are in Boston or Cape Cod set your radio dial to
95.9FM.

Go Fig

In article ,
(Parallax) wrote:

Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

Oh, I spose this is useless idea #3743

This gives some real time data for the west cost:

http://cdip.ucsd.edu/

jay
Wed, Nov 5, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."

Wed, Nov 5, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."

Jere Lull

Parallax wrote:

Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

As you can see from other replies, they exist, so your idea was already
thunk up and found deserving.

Oh, I s'pose this is useless idea #3743

Hardly useless; in fact, probably one of the smarter things one can do.
I regularly consult the station sitting on our breakwater and a few data
buoys nearby to plan for a weekend. Comparing them to the weather
predictions often tells us to go one direction over another, sometimes
creating a downwind and down-current ride each way. Usually, we avoid
weekends where it's upwind and up-current both directions, so life is
lots easier.

--
Jere Lull

Keith

Didn't do your homework on this one, eh?
http://www.buoyweather.com/
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

"Parallax" wrote in message
om...
Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

Oh, I spose this is useless idea #3743

Parallax

Jere Lull wrote in message ...
Parallax wrote:

Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

As you can see from other replies, they exist, so your idea was already
thunk up and found deserving.

Oh, I s'pose this is useless idea #3743

Hardly useless; in fact, probably one of the smarter things one can do.
I regularly consult the station sitting on our breakwater and a few data
buoys nearby to plan for a weekend. Comparing them to the weather
predictions often tells us to go one direction over another, sometimes
creating a downwind and down-current ride each way. Usually, we avoid
weekends where it's upwind and up-current both directions, so life is
lots easier.

Getting data "Every Sunday Afternoon" is hardly helpful for those of
us who sail on other days. Info for the west coast doesnt help here
on the gulf coast. I listen to NOAA weathr radio but it takes forever
for them to get around to the marine weather. There ought to simply
be a phone number or web site for each data buoy. Currently, I call
up the local sailboard club "windtalker" at the coast but its about 30
miles from my boat.

Marchaj fishing boat data? William R. Watt Boat Building 2 December 15th 03 03:58 PM
Great memory tool for Cardinal buoys Gould 0738 General 1 November 3rd 03 04:28 AM
Interesting Data RGrew176 General 0 September 24th 03 05:45 AM
Favorite weather sites? Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 9th 03 04:02 PM
Performance data DAVE M. General 1 September 3rd 03 05:33 PM