Jere Lull

Default weblink to data buoys

Parallax wrote:

Why cant we have weblinks to data buoys that NOAA has offshore so we
can get real time info on conditions out there.

As you can see from other replies, they exist, so your idea was already
thunk up and found deserving.

Oh, I s'pose this is useless idea #3743

Hardly useless; in fact, probably one of the smarter things one can do.
I regularly consult the station sitting on our breakwater and a few data
buoys nearby to plan for a weekend. Comparing them to the weather
predictions often tells us to go one direction over another, sometimes
creating a downwind and down-current ride each way. Usually, we avoid
weekends where it's upwind and up-current both directions, so life is
lots easier.

--
Jere Lull