CANDChelp

Default Bwahahahaha, Billy Jane!!!

and a top speed of 150 is entirely useless.

The above is what Billy writes about top end attributes of a sports car. Top
speed is useless...for a high performance sports car!!!! Bwahahahahaha! What a
total, kneebiting, boy scout raping, squirrel licking, scrotum tickling, fagbag
panzy-ass Billy is! The 1st thing we did to the 300 was remove the governor. My
friends M3-governor removed! Men aren't afraid of top end speeds, Billy-Jane!
Let's all limit top end to 115 mph!!! It's a world of Grand Nationals to Billy
Girl!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! MORE, Billy, MORE!!!

RB

Gerard Weatherby

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:39:57 +1200, The_navigator© wrote:

The M3 does not have a governor

Busted.

Does that mean you believe he has friends?

. My
friends M3-governor removed!

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

The_navigator©

Booby it is NOT a governor. You are just displaying you mechanical/car
ignorance. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Cheers MC

CANDChelp wrote:
The M3 does not have a governor

Busted.

All US BMW's have a governor and are limited to 155 MPH. I don't recall what
the limit on the old M3 was, but it was not to speed, but revs instead.

RB

CANDChelp

M3 5-speed M3 5-speed

manual automatic

0 to 30 1.9 sec 2.6 sec

0 to 60 5.5 sec 6.7 sec

0 to 100 14.7 sec 17.1 sec

0 to 130 28.7 sec 34.5 sec

1/4-mile 14.2 sec 15.3 sec

@ 98 mph @ 95 mph

(All M3s are speed-governed to 137 mph.)

BUSTED!!!

RB
CANDChelp

Booby it is NOT a governor. You are just displaying you mechanical/car
ignorance. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Ready...aim...fire!!!

Even BMW calls it a GOVERNOR! So does Automobile weekly. So does the dealer. So
does Autotech and car and driver!!!

Bwahahahahahaha! Can you call BMW and tell them what to call it!!!??

RB
The_navigator©

"Governor n. 8. Machinery. A self-acting contrivance for regulating the
passage of gas, steam, water, etc., esp. the supply of any one of these
to a machine, in order to ensure an even and regular motion."

Note the 'even and regular motion' Booby. It's not what you get when you
go out onto the LIS puddle.

You are confusing this device with a 'rev-limiter'.

Busted AGAIN

Cheers MC

CANDChelp wrote:
M3 5-speed M3 5-speed

manual automatic

0 to 30 1.9 sec 2.6 sec

0 to 60 5.5 sec 6.7 sec

0 to 100 14.7 sec 17.1 sec

0 to 130 28.7 sec 34.5 sec

1/4-mile 14.2 sec 15.3 sec

@ 98 mph @ 95 mph

(All M3s are speed-governed to 137 mph.)

BUSTED!!!

RB

SkitchNYC

M3 5-speed M3 5-speed

0 to 60 5.5 sec 6.7 sec

???? cant be

The_navigator©

Oz1 wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:46:15 +1200, The_navigator©
wrote:

"Governor n. 8. Machinery. A self-acting contrivance for regulating the
passage of gas, steam, water, etc., esp. the supply of any one of these
to a machine, in order to ensure an even and regular motion."

Note the 'even and regular motion' Booby. It's not what you get when you
go out onto the LIS puddle.

You are confusing this device with a 'rev-limiter'.

Busted AGAIN

Cheers MC

Sorry MC but many trucks here are fitted with a governor.
A mechanical, centrifugal brake to limit speed to 100kph.

We weren't talking about trucks Oz but in any case, it's still not a
governor -it's a speed limiter. The definition of a governor is not
under any confusion -it's a device to keep speed _constant_. The fact
that the general public may misuse a term does not make it's usage
correct -it just displays the general ignorance. It's a bit like talking
about the "atomic bomb"! Note that many commercial sites that refer to a
'governor' are actually describing a rev. limiter and usually drop the
term 'governor' in their descruiption of how the device works.

Beemers have the top speed limit programmed into the black box.
IIRC it is not a rev limiter but a speed limiter which shuts down
cylinders to reduce power when top speed is achieved.

I doubt it. That and would feel just like a misfire -I've never felt a
car do that -have you? Most (if not all) cars are completely speed
limited by power output (at least all the fast cars I've driven). To
prove this just consider the way a car accelerates as top speed is
reached. It doesn't suddenly stop at top speed, it just slowly loses
acceleration. The latter is not what would happen if top speed were
limited (note the word limited again!!!). Now there was a plan by the EU
to bring in a mandatory top speed for all vehicles (as I recall) but
that was dumped by the Germans (I think).

Cheers MC

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Uhh, Billy? CANDChelp ASA 0 July 18th 03 01:20 PM
Billy Boy Buys it!!! Simple Simon ASA 19 July 10th 03 02:11 AM
Billy Boy Bobsprit ASA 0 July 9th 03 08:36 PM
Billy bails Out Bobsprit ASA 1 July 9th 03 07:35 PM