SkitchNYC

Default Folding RIB

Anyone use any of the folding RIBs - Tinker foldaway or The Clam. The old
Zodiac is dead and I want to try to solve the dinghy issue creatively (ie,
rolling up is a pain, towing doesn't work, Dinghy tow is bizarre, doesn't fit
on deck).
SkitchNYC

http://www.portabote.com

How do you rig it at anchor? I heard they are a bear.
SkitchNYC

Excuse me? What problem? The boat weighs 50 pounds. If you are having
trouble,
you simply lift it out of the water, (by hand, if you are over 100 pounds
yourself) fold it up in about 5 minutes flat, and lash it to the lifelines.
It's
trhe easiest dinghy I've ever owned.

Can you unfold it and install the seats or whatever on the boat and lower it
into the water? I have heard that it is cumbersome.
Capt. Mooron

Negative.... I was quite impressed with Porta Boat. Since I'm unemployed
right now and caring for my parents. I only have a limited budget to work
with. Unfortunately the Porta-Bote purchase will have to wait. I use the
500lb 18 ft single-hand Lunenburg Dory, it tows like a lap dancer on ecstasy
unless it's bridled, or on a 30 foot painter with a counterweight in the
stern. It does carry 6 people and all gear in almost any sea to shore and
back safely.

CM