Scott Vernon

Default Folding RIB

Wasn't Mooron going to investigate the porta-bote?

Scotty

wrote in message
On 16 Jul 2003 02:01:24 GMT, (SkitchNYC) wrote:

Excuse me? What problem? The boat weighs 50 pounds. If you are having
trouble,
you simply lift it out of the water, (by hand, if you are over 100

pounds
yourself) fold it up in about 5 minutes flat, and lash it to the

lifelines.
It's
trhe easiest dinghy I've ever owned.

Can you unfold it and install the seats or whatever on the boat and lower

it
into the water? I have heard that it is cumbersome.

The first time I did it, it took about 20 minutes and would have been a
candidate for Americas Funniest Home Videos. I looked like those old

comedy
movies where the hero is trying to set up a folding lawn chair. The second

time
it took about 10 minutes, and now it takes me about 5 minutes. I fold and

unfold
it on the foredeck, with the baby stay slack. I have the 8 foot portabote,

and a
C&C 27-5. I greatly prefer it to a RIB which takes so long to set up, and

take
down that it ends up getting towed far too often. The Portabote also tows
better, anyway.

BB