Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gilligan

Default How long can you make your sheets last?

Damn good Simon.

I knew a guy in high school whose sheets, when hung on the clothesline, blew
in the wind like big yellow sheets of plywood. This was after they were
washed!

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
How long can you make your sheets last before having to launder them.

I've got a good system going where they last for months.
What I do is use a full-sized sheet, fold it lengthwise
down the middle and put it in the v-berth. I sleep on
it until it gets kinda salty, oily and yellowish-looking.

Then I turn it over and sleep on it again until that side gets
uncomfortably dirty. Then I unfold it, fold it lengthwise the
other way so the dirty surfaces are inside facing one the other.

Then I repeat the above process until both the new sides are
grubby. Then I take it and turn it end for end and start the process
over again. This makes a total of eight different surfaces to sleep
on and if I can sleep three weeks on each surface then I can
go three whole months between launderings. Pretty good, huh?