BoatBanter.com

-   -   Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16320-re-re-re-re-do-you-hear-them-boom-boom-boom-drums-war-grow-louder.html)

Bertie the Bunyip July 11th 03 08:31 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Horvath wrote in
:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:16:39 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote this crap:

Is there anything you know?
anything at all?

Bertie

I know you're a dumbass.

OOoWw!

Witty one elephant boy.

Bertie

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Simple Simon July 11th 03 08:56 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Ignore Bertie the Buttlick and maybe he will stay over there
on those other boring groups that suit him well.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message ...
Horvath wrote in
:

Donal July 12th 03 12:47 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Horvath wrote in
:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:16:39 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote this crap:

Is there anything you know?
anything at all?

Bertie

I know you're a dumbass.

OOoWw!

Witty one elephant boy.

Bertie

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

Regards

Donal

CJS July 12th 03 09:07 PM

wrote this crap:

Is there anything you know?
anything at all?

Bertie

I know you're a dumbass.

OOoWw!

Witty one elephant boy.

Bertie

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

Not many people on your end of the bell curve, eh?

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Donal July 13th 03 12:14 AM

wrote this crap:

Is there anything you know?
anything at all?

Bertie

I know you're a dumbass.

OOoWw!

Witty one elephant boy.

Bertie

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

Not many people on your end of the bell curve, eh?

How did you guess? You must be an absolute genius!!

Welcome back, Craig.

Regards

Donal

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 01:03 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

WHy all these welcomes, Donal? BtB and Crag have once more
demonstrated their maculate timing by arriving on alt.sailing.asa
too late, far too late, to share in the DTs. The acuteness of
their long noses does not compensate for their necrotic reflexes
and their lack of virtual fitness, the latter preventing them
from arriving at a point when they would have had the opportunity
to be entertaining (and who knows, might actually have been worth
welcoming). All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Flying Tadpole

CJS July 13th 03 01:07 AM

Donal wrote:

wrote this crap:

Is there anything you know?
anything at all?

Bertie

I know you're a dumbass.

OOoWw!

Witty one elephant boy.

Bertie

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

Not many people on your end of the bell curve, eh?

How did you guess? You must be an absolute genius!!

So I've heard.

Welcome back, Craig.

Glad to be back!

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 01:53 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

WHy all these welcomes, Donal? BtB and Crag have once more
demonstrated their maculate timing by arriving on alt.sailing.asa
too late, far too late, to share in the DTs. The acuteness of
their long noses does not compensate for their necrotic reflexes
and their lack of virtual fitness, the latter preventing them
from arriving at a point when they would have had the opportunity
to be entertaining (and who knows, might actually have been worth
welcoming). All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Flying Tadpole

Yeah, but we're going to bting chicks.

"Too late", she cried, waving her wooden leg in the air.

Bertie the Bunyip July 13th 03 01:58 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

WHy all these welcomes, Donal? BtB and Crag have once more
demonstrated their maculate timing by arriving on alt.sailing.asa
too late, far too late, to share in the DTs. The acuteness of
their long noses does not compensate for their necrotic reflexes
and their lack of virtual fitness, the latter preventing them
from arriving at a point when they would have had the opportunity
to be entertaining (and who knows, might actually have been worth
welcoming). All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Flying Tadpole

Yeah, but we're going to bting chicks.

"Too late", she cried, waving her wooden leg in the air.

Never too late

Bertie

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 02:07 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

WHy all these welcomes, Donal? BtB and Crag have once more
demonstrated their maculate timing by arriving on alt.sailing.asa
too late, far too late, to share in the DTs. The acuteness of
their long noses does not compensate for their necrotic reflexes
and their lack of virtual fitness, the latter preventing them
from arriving at a point when they would have had the opportunity
to be entertaining (and who knows, might actually have been worth
welcoming). All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Flying Tadpole

Yeah, but we're going to bting chicks.

"Too late", she cried, waving her wooden leg in the air.

Never too late

Bertie

'Fraid so. The DT's left for another year. All you can do is
trawl through the relevant alt.sailing.asa threads and think of
what might have been. (Try "Encore, encore!" for a start. At the
least the Tadpole had the nous to arrive back in time...)

FT

Bertie the Bunyip July 13th 03 02:23 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

[...]

Kay.
And what about Jax? God I loved that guy!

Bertie

Lady Pilot July 13th 03 03:05 AM

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Seems to be working.....

LP

Lady Pilot July 13th 03 03:14 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

WHy all these welcomes, Donal? BtB and Crag have once more
demonstrated their maculate timing by arriving on alt.sailing.asa
too late, far too late, to share in the DTs. The acuteness of
their long noses does not compensate for their necrotic reflexes
and their lack of virtual fitness, the latter preventing them
from arriving at a point when they would have had the opportunity
to be entertaining (and who knows, might actually have been worth
welcoming). All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Flying Tadpole

Yeah, but we're going to bting chicks.

"Too late", she cried, waving her wooden leg in the air.

Do you watch the Sopranos too? heheheee

LP

Scott Vernon July 13th 03 04:06 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Lady Pilot July 13th 03 04:14 AM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

Riff-raff? You've got to be kidding, right? LOLLLL

LP (what kind of sailor are you?)

Scott Vernon July 13th 03 04:42 AM

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Lady Pilot" wrote
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

Riff-raff? You've got to be kidding, right? LOLLLL

If I had my way, I'd have all of ya shot!

You would take me for a ride on your boat first, right? ;)

I'd have to ask my wife first.

Can you send me a picture?

Of what?

Scotty, In The Flesh.

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 04:44 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

[...]

Yes, but that's the point! With the departure of Jax, we thought
we might have found a replacement. And you missed it! (You'd
better read also:
Subject: Taddy!.....Do we have a new Jocks to play with?
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:58:50 +1000
and also:
Subject: Jackass is alive and well
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:16:57 +1200

You see how considerate I am of your searching limitations?

FT

JustaCowboy July 13th 03 04:56 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Lady Pilot" wrote
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

Riff-raff? You've got to be kidding, right? LOLLLL

If I had my way, I'd have all of ya shot!

What exactly is your way?

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 05:32 AM

Lady Pilot wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

All they can do now is rake over the cold embers,
wondering what might-have-been. A melancholy sight...

Seems to be working.....

LP

Ah Madam Vinyl, don't give the game away! I quite enjoy the
occasional Bunyip prangs into the murky .asa waters:
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#bertie

Flying Tadpole
(the flying is purely metaphorical, in case you are alarmed)

Bertie the Bunyip July 13th 03 11:17 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:58:50 +1000
and also:
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:16:57 +1200

You see how considerate I am of your searching limitations?

Oh ****! Just as well, I tend to kill loons early. Even durable ones like
Jax.
Had a great one in alt.conspiracy who wanted to kick my ass RL. He lives in
Scotland and was making all sorts of great noises until I showed up in his
country.
Well, he tap danced faster than a millipede. He wanted me to make my way
towards his place via a series of instructions which I would get at phone
booths every hour.

Bwawahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahw hhahw!

Oh yeah, he named himself after a WW2 Nazi tank commander. Erich von
Manstein.
Bertie

Bertie the Bunyip July 13th 03 11:19 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#bertie

Excellent, though I thnk the barb about me hving a toothless bite is a bit
unfair, not to mention inaccurate.

Bertie

Horvath July 13th 03 11:43 AM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:47:43 +0100, "Donal"
wrote this crap:

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

And he's the only one.

Bertie the Bunyip July 13th 03 12:03 PM

wrote this crap:

Welcome back, Bertie.

It's sooooo nice to have someone who I can really look down on.

And he's the only one.

Aww, keep looking, I'm sure you'll eventually find a soulmate.

(Sometimes I'm so subtle I don't even get it myself)

bertie

Simple Simon July 13th 03 02:03 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Confucius say:

Women who fly have crack up!

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Lady Pilot" wrote
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

Riff-raff? You've got to be kidding, right? LOLLLL

If I had my way, I'd have all of ya shot!

You would take me for a ride on your boat first, right? ;)

I'd have to ask my wife first.

Sure, let me know how she "feels".. LOL!

Can you send me a picture?

Of what?

I thought we were talking about your boat? Correct?

Scotty, In The Flesh.

LP

Flying Tadpole July 13th 03 02:25 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/asapo.htm#bertie

Excellent, though I thnk the barb about me hving a toothless bite is a bit
unfair, not to mention inaccurate.

Bertie

This is the Internet. Why were you expecting fairness and
accuracy?

FT

Scott Vernon July 13th 03 05:31 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Simple Simon" wrote ...
Confucius say:

Women who fly UP-SIDE-DOWN have crack up!

Simple Simon July 13th 03 05:59 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

I like it my way better. When they are up in the air they have crack up.
And since a disproportionate number of them have crash even when
not doing aerobatics it has a double meaning.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message ...
Confucius say:

Women who fly have crack up!

Durell July 13th 03 06:30 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Lady Pilot" wrote in news:L73Qa.19125$o86.3628
@news1.central.cox.net:

stupid ****

Durell July 13th 03 06:31 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Lady Pilot" wrote in news:0g3Qa.19126$o86.1717
@news1.central.cox.net:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote in
:

Durell July 13th 03 06:36 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Lady Pilot" wrote in news:084Qa.19323$o86.16986
@news1.central.cox.net:

Durell July 13th 03 06:37 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

"Lady Pilot" wrote in news:ih4Qa.19396$o86.9933
@news1.central.cox.net:

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Lady Pilot" wrote
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?

Riff-raff? You've got to be kidding, right? LOLLLL

If I had my way, I'd have all of ya shot!

You would take me for a ride on your boat first, right? ;)

LP (what kind of sailor are you?)

cruiser.

Can you send me a picture?

LP (take ME out to reply)

stupid ****

Scott Vernon July 13th 03 10:48 PM

Do you hear them..? BOOM BOOM BOOM! The drums of war grow louder.

She said , ''go for it''.

The only pic I have of her is on land.
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/364369.jpg

Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

Capt. Mooron July 13th 03 11:06 PM

: Do you hear them..? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

"Donal" wrote in message

| However, Durrel also seems to have potential. He looks nuttier than
| squirrel ****!

DeUrinal sounds like an idiot..... but I bet he wouldn't be stupid enough
to try and ply his brand of retarded blubbering on this group. It would
raise dowra and horvath to a status they could not achieve on their own.

CM

Bertie the Bunyip July 14th 03 12:05 AM

: Do you hear them..? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in
:

"Donal" wrote in message

| However, Durrel also seems to have potential. He looks nuttier than
| squirrel ****!

DeUrinal sounds like an idiot..... but I bet he wouldn't be stupid
enough to try and ply his brand of retarded blubbering on this group.
It would raise dowra and horvath to a status they could not achieve on
their own.

CM

Allow me to introduce ASASA's Tarver..

Bertie

Donal July 15th 03 12:20 AM

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Donal" wrote in message

| However, Durrel also seems to have potential. He looks nuttier than
| squirrel ****!

DeUrinal sounds like an idiot..... but I bet he wouldn't be stupid enough
to try and ply his brand of retarded blubbering on this group. It would
raise dowra and horvath to a status they could not achieve on their own.

I like Horvath. He's my hero! His recent "Computer crash" had me in
stitches!

Dowra is funny in the same way as Bertie is!

Regards

Donal

Donal July 15th 03 12:44 AM

: Do you hear them..? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote in
:

"Donal" wrote in message

| However, Durrel also seems to have potential. He looks nuttier
| than squirrel ****!

DeUrinal sounds like an idiot..... but I bet he wouldn't be stupid
enough to try and ply his brand of retarded blubbering on this group.
It would raise dowra and horvath to a status they could not achieve
on their own.

I like Horvath. He's my hero! His recent "Computer crash" had me in
stitches!

Dowra is funny in the same way as Bertie is!

Mmm, is he?

Are you trying to sound menacing? .... or perhaps this is just more
meaningless drivel?

BTW Why did you interefere with the "Follow-up" setting? Dumb, so very
dumb!

Regards

Donal

Bertie the Bunyip July 15th 03 12:57 AM

"Donal" wrote in message

| However, Durrel also seems to have potential. He looks nuttier
| than squirrel ****!

DeUrinal sounds like an idiot..... but I bet he wouldn't be
stupid enough to try and ply his brand of retarded blubbering on
this group. It would raise dowra and horvath to a status they
could not achieve on their own.

I like Horvath. He's my hero! His recent "Computer crash" had me
in stitches!

Dowra is funny in the same way as Bertie is!

Mmm, is he?

Are you trying to sound menacing? ..

No.

... or perhaps this is just more
meaningless drivel?

No.

Donal July 15th 03 01:08 AM

: Do you hear them..? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote in
Dowra is funny in the same way as Bertie is!

Mmm, is he?

Are you trying to sound menacing? ..

No.

.. or perhaps this is just more
meaningless drivel?

No.

BTW Why did you interefere with the "Follow-up" setting? Dumb, so
very dumb!

No.

So what was your point?

Regards