Bobsprit

Default Scotty's Tale of Woe

I was setting up our new propane grill today and stocking the fridge with
weekend goodies when I was overwhelmed with a wave of sadness.
When did this terrible raging rift occur between Scotty and I? When did the
cheerful chiding on his part graduate to criminal hatred?
I thought long and hard as I inflated my Zodiac and took her for a test row.
There was a time when Scotty actually e-mailed me nicely about sailing and
boats. He can deny it, but it's a fact. Why I even sent him a wedding pic,
which later on he decided to post.
Then I remembered...
It was the Catalina 30 troll. The terrible troll that dragged Sailing.asa
around the nose for week after week. But the realization was not contained
within the troll, but the nature of it.
Scotty was HAPPY that I was getting a Catalina 30, a boat he felt was somewhere
in his ballpark of trailerpark sailboats. Like the low-end Siedlemann, an old
Catalina 30 is a modest toy to say the least. He liked that, and he imagined
that we were kindred spirits.
And then the roof caved in for Scotty. I trolled and it was a beautiful and far
more valuable and upscale C&C 32 that I had bought, a veritable Rolls Royce to
his Pinto. He wasn't mad about the troll. He was mad about the subtle manner in
which he imagined he'd been degraded. If I used a catalina 30 as troll bait,
where did that rank him and his poor boat? At the very bottom.
To add to his anger and bitterness, I was complimented on the troll by many. It
was the final insult, indirectly supporting (in his mind) the bashing of his
position in life...and in sailing.

Well, the grill works well, though the Force 10 was better made. I think my
newer quicksilver rows better than the Zodiac.

Ah well...

Capt RB
C&C 32
City Island, NY
SAIL LOCO

All that and Scott's boat is still better looking. When are you going to
replace that stern ladder with a true radar arch?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SkitchNYC

get a life
Velveeta

And if Scotty commits suicide it's all your fault isn't it?

You've admitted you like tormenting the weak.

Huh? What's that? Can't hear you, I've got my Wilson WATT/Puppies turned up
all the way!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
[...]

felton

One thing about you Bob...you are definately a "glass is half full"
sort of guy. Not many people I know would think that owning an aging
C&C 32, one of the less succesful designs of a now defunct production
boat builder is the sailing equivalent of a "Rolls Royce". We could
all do with a little of that same positive thinking that you possess.
Reminds me of the old saying, "I used to feel sad that I had no shoes
until I met a man who had no feet." Anytime I start to think I need a
bigger, better boat, I'll think of you and say to myself, "there but
for the grace of God, go I" and hopefully your example will comfort
me.

Thanks again!

On 02 Jul 2003 19:55:43 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

[...]

SAIL LOCO

Not many people I know would think that owning an aging
C&C 32, one of the less succesful designs of a now defunct production
boat builder is the sailing equivalent of a "Rolls Royce". ..

Keep in mind he's living in the matrix.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
SAIL LOCO

I made my post to outline the foolishness of comparing items of oppulence
and
getting angry at others who have "more."

Gee I don't remember Scott ever getting angry over your boat. I do remember
him laughing at your radar arch/stern ladder.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

Bubbles......Ahhh you know already

Yup...one of my better days. I feel bad not taking any of Donal's bait....I'll
help him out later.

RB
SkitchNYC

I was aware that Scotty's cingular hatred

Scotty hates his cellphone?
Thomas Stewart

You hit on the Head, Nutsy.

It was the "Catalina Lie" that changed YOUR status from a Troller to a
Full Blown Internat LIAR,

That is how most of us think of you. A LIAR, pure and simple. Your
trolls, because they're from you aren't considered troll. We reply to
them as LIES. You haven't ever come to peace with this fact but your
status has changed.. We accept you as a LIAR. As OZ states "A LIAR
that's NUTS!"

You can think of yourself as a troller but that is a self evaluation and
WRONG!