Scott Vernon

Default Message for Ganzy

hahahahahhahahaha more, more please!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
sad, truly pathetically sad.

In scott's case a boat is a horrific loss of cash and waste of time!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

Scott Vernon

Only a sailor would understand. That is why boobsy doesn't.

--
Scotty
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/832067.JPG

"katysails" wrote in message

but I don't dishonor the true heritage of boats by treating it
like
a some kind of superior experience

Sailors all through history (at least those that chose to sail and weren't

impressed) have thought sailing to be a superior
experience. If you equate the act of sailing to any other day-in/day-out

experience, why do it? It's not like you have to.
There must be something about it that is superior in your eyes or else

there would be no purpose for it.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Donal

Default Smell the wind

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Right on , Jon. Have you ever been somewhere on land and a nice breeze is
blowing and you just sorta stick your nose into the wind, breathe it in,
sigh, and get *that* feeling? I wonder if non-sailors ever do that?
--

When I wake up in the morning, I can tell if a SW or W wind is blowing. I
don't know how I know that it is a SW wind that is blowing, but it seems to

I think that it stems from my early teens. I grew up beside a lake. I
used to enjoy walking along the shore from the age of about 10. In
autumn(fall) the wind was usually a SW, and often about F6. This wind was
warm, but it carried a lot of rain. I used to walk along the shore(miles
from the nearest human) wearing an anorak with the hood up, to protect me
from the rain. It was very cosy, and warm, as the waves crashed in.

I can't figure out how I *know* that it is a SW that is blowing. Maybe it
is temperature related, ... maybe humidity plays a part .... it might even
be that a SW is more blustery than a wind from any other direction.

Last winter we had a F10 for the first time in many years. I had to drive
down to the coast to see and _feel_ the sea. I don't know why, but it
*was* wonderful.

Regards

Donal

katysails

Any speculations on which definition he means?

tool ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tl)
n.
A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

A machine, such as a lathe, used to cut and shape machine parts or other objects.
The cutting part of such a machine.
Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade.
Something used in the performance of an operation; an instrument: "Modern democracies have the fiscal and monetary tools... to
end chronic slumps and galloping inflations" (Paul A. Samuelson).
Vulgar Slang. A penis.
A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

A bookbinder's hand stamp.
A design impressed on a book cover by such a stamp.
Computer Science. An application program, often one that creates, manipulates, modifies, or analyzes other programs.

v. tooled, tool·ing, tools
v. tr.
To form, work, or decorate with a tool.
To ornament (a book cover) with a bookbinder's tool.
Slang. To drive (a vehicle): tooled the car at 80 miles an hour.

v. intr.
To work with a tool.
Slang. To drive or ride in a vehicle: tooled up and down the roads.

Phrasal Verb:
tool up
To provide an industry or a factory with machinery and tools suitable for a particular job.

[Middle English, from Old English tl, possibly from Old Norse.]
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Simple Simon

"katysails" wrote in message ...
where's it coming from, then I immediately wonder what the wave height is out on the old Sea of Michigan,

Haaaaaaaaaaa ah hah ah ah h ahahh ahh ah hah
hah a hh a h ahha ha h!

Sea of Michigan, indeed! It is amazing how some people
inadvertantly reveal their shame at sailing inland ponds and
lakes so they resort to calling these placid bodies of water
'seas' in order to bolster their sagging egos.

katysails

I literally get stir crazy when I'm so far inland that I haven't
smelled the ocean for a couple of weeks.

I lived in St Louis, MO for threre years. It was the only time I lived away from the Great Lakes and although St. Louis is a
nice place, being stuck in the middle of a place whose only water is 3 big rivers was claustrophobic. Couldn't wait to get back
to MI, even with the cold weather...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
True. It *is* my boat. I'm glad that you allow me to do as I

please!!!

Rapists and pedaphiles also do as they please, at least until they're

caught.
Enjoy your "hobby."

Oh dear. You've gone over the deep end again.

If I do as I please on my boat, your twisted mind brings all sorts of
illegal practices into play. Sad.... very sad!

Don't you do as you please on your boat?

Regards

Donal

Donal

He's gone straight off the deep end.

He'll dissappear now, for a few months, I suppose.

Regards

Donal
--

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
he's losing it.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
True. It *is* my boat. I'm glad that you allow me to do as I

please!!!

Rapists and pedaphiles also do as they please, at least until they're

caught.
Enjoy your "hobby."

RB

Scott Vernon

C'mon, Donut, it took me a while to come up with the perfect number. 2 was
too few, 4 too many, maybe, 5 would have been unbelievable (maybe not to
bob, though) but 3, yes, 3 sounded like the perfect bait.

--
Scotty
http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/832067.JPG

"Donal" wrote i

Oh, Robert! Please tell us that you realise that Scotty was trolling with
that post.

I refuse to believe that you are a complete sucker!

I really hope that I have completely misunderstood your post as, although
you have often appeared to be an idiot, you don't usually look this

stupid.

Don't let me down. Prove to us that you knew that Scotty was trolling.

Thanks,

Donal

Need cruising funds? Rob O'Hern Cruising 0 July 22nd 04 08:17 AM
OT--why the 18-29 year olds support Kerry NOYB General 408 July 2nd 04 12:18 PM
test message only joel Cruising 0 June 18th 04 08:07 PM
National/International paddling message boards or fora Mike McCrea General 5 October 1st 03 06:33 PM