Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobsprit

Default Spinnaker...sort of

The flags at the dock never moved for the hour that we washed Alien down, but
we had some friends stop by....set out anyway.
We caught a tiny thermal as the sun went down, and brought out the spinnaker.
The wind slacked off in the few minutes we ran the sheets. I figured we'd do
better going without the pole and clipped on the Tacker for a broad reach.
Nothing we did filled the poor thing for more than a moment. The windex spun
and windspeed showed 0 knots. In the pic below we're about to try a gybe.....oh
well. It's going to be 100 degrees today and we're fishing.
Friday we may get some T-storms and wind....let's hope.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/aspin.jpg

RB