Capt. Mooron

Default Pictures of "Cut the Mustard" under sail

You sound like a sailing instructer which is one level above a dockside
sailor. You are not on the vessel at the time and you have no clue as to
what the vessel demands in trim or set to achieve it's sweet spot. In short
you are talking through your hat.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| I don't think that's a valid reason for letting them rub like that.
| Bean reaching with proper sail trim.
|
| You should rethink your technique.
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Moroon is right. I was beam reaching and had the sail adjusted
| accordingly. The sail is very full because the outhaul is eased.
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You claimed you were reaching in a couple of the pictures,
| but the mainsail is against the spreaders. How come?
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Booby has been singing the same old tune for years.
|
| "Capt. Neal never posts any pictures of his Crapanado
| sailing.
|
| "The Crapton never sails or he would post some
| pictures of him sailing."
|
| "The loser never leaves the mooring."
|
| And on and on and on. Well, I finally got sick of
| his harassment so I took some time to snap a few
| pics this week-end of "Cut the Mustard" under sail.
|
| I must apologize because all the pictures were taken
| from aboard and they don't really do justice to the
| real beauty that is my Coronado under sail showing
| the entire vessel in her glory. But, it these pictures
| cause Booby to shut his yap it will be worth the
| effort.
|
| http://www.homestead.com/captneal/Thumbsup.html
|
| Enjoy!

Bobsprit

You are not on the vessel at the time and you have no clue as to
what the vessel demands in trim or set to achieve it's sweet spot. In short
you are talking through your hat.

Well said. I attacked the sails themselves, but comments on trim from photo's
are pretty sad in most cases. If you're not on the boat YOU DON'T KNOW.
In Gay Ganzy's case, he doesn't know when he's on the boat!

RB

Marc

Execution to green ledge light. 16.5 miles Add 5 miles to harbor

Execution to Oyster Bay G"17" 10.25 miles Add 3 miles to harbor.

On 24 Jun 2003 12:33:31 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Oyster Bay is nowhere near as far as Norwalk.

Are you sure...better check before you look dopey. I'm betting the difference
is around 4-6 miles IF THAT!

RB

Bobsprit

Execution to green ledge light. 16.5 miles Add 5 miles to harbor

Execution to Oyster Bay G"17" 10.25 miles Add 3 miles to harbor.

And I said 4-6 miles difference...Pretty darn close Bill!!! Norwalk is about
another hour and a half away.
Sorry!!!

Bwaahahahahahaha!

RB
Capt. Mooron

Good Gawd..... both of those locations are equivalent to a day sail. You
folks are discussing 3 hr passages here.

My Sunday training sail was 22 nautical miles on the log and we slowed for a
BBQ and stopped for an hour to fish. We were only out for 5 hours from hoist
to set.

CM

"Marc" wrote in message
| Execution to green ledge light. 16.5 miles Add 5 miles to harbor
|
| Execution to Oyster Bay G"17" 10.25 miles Add 3 miles to harbor.
|

| On 24 Jun 2003 12:33:31 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:
|
| Oyster Bay is nowhere near as far as Norwalk.
|
| Are you sure...better check before you look dopey. I'm betting the
difference
| is around 4-6 miles IF THAT!
|
| RB

Ligniere

I said top of the line 50 amp chargers.

Your Shakespeare rubber ducky is no antenna for what you use it for. Get it
checked!

ahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you don't even own a Charles Marine battery charger. No such thing! No
such company exists!

BWAAHAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Take it over to your radio shop and have him hook it up to a Cushman or

IFR
analyzer. See if it is tuned for walkie talkies (to have your head next to
it) or tuned for stand alone operation.

You're the dummy who said Charles Marine doesn't make 50 amp chargers.
You trolls were DOA after that.
Sorry.

RB

Bobsprit

both of those locations are equivalent to a day sail. You
folks are discussing 3 hr passages here.

Yup. Norwalk or Oyster bay is a nice sail when you start in the early evening
as we often do.

RB
Simple Simon

It is easy to tell the real sailors from the wannabes.

If there is one, consistent problem that can be observed
from watching the sailing techniques of a cross sectrion of
sailors is that approximately 80% of them always have their
sails sheeted in too much for the point of sail they are on.

Sailors who free their sails are doing it right. A little chafe on
the lowers or the spreaders is what baggywrinkle is for if
it bothers people so much they should add it to their boats
instead of sheeting in too much for the conditions.

Installing several telltales of a bit of yarn on the sails is the
only way to really get a handle on proper sail trim. No
telltales = no sailor.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
You sound like a sailing instructer which is one level above a dockside
sailor. You are not on the vessel at the time and you have no clue as to
what the vessel demands in trim or set to achieve it's sweet spot. In short
you are talking through your hat.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| I don't think that's a valid reason for letting them rub like that.
| Bean reaching with proper sail trim.
|
| You should rethink your technique.
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Moroon is right. I was beam reaching and had the sail adjusted
| accordingly. The sail is very full because the outhaul is eased.
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| You claimed you were reaching in a couple of the pictures,
| but the mainsail is against the spreaders. How come?
|
| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Booby has been singing the same old tune for years.
|
| "Capt. Neal never posts any pictures of his Crapanado
| sailing.
|
| "The Crapton never sails or he would post some
| pictures of him sailing."
|
| "The loser never leaves the mooring."
|
| And on and on and on. Well, I finally got sick of
| his harassment so I took some time to snap a few
| pics this week-end of "Cut the Mustard" under sail.
|
| I must apologize because all the pictures were taken
| from aboard and they don't really do justice to the
| real beauty that is my Coronado under sail showing
| the entire vessel in her glory. But, it these pictures
| cause Booby to shut his yap it will be worth the
| effort.
|
| http://www.homestead.com/captneal/Thumbsup.html
|
| Enjoy!

Bobsprit

I said top of the line 50 amp chargers.

Your Shakespeare rubber ducky is no antenna for what you use it for. Get it
checked!

And STILL you're wrong. Charles Marine chargers are available at 50 amps for
5000 series, which are excellent comercial duty systems. 50 amp is also
available for the 2000 series of course.
And you STILL show your ignorance on the antenna which is sold as an emergency
back of set whip...not a rubber ducky.
I also have a larger emergecy antenna that can clip to a rail.
You just can't seem to help fouling yourself! But keep trying and I'll keep
passing you the Depends!!!

Bwahhahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

Boat US sells the new line of Charles Marine chargers.
But then the pinhead thinks they don't exist!

RB