Reluctantly selling our Nimble Nomad Pocket Trawler

Old July 5th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising
EBL

Default Reluctantly selling our Nimble Nomad Pocket Trawler

Asking $28,000 for our 2000 Nimble Nomad Pocket Trawler with a Honda
50 HP 4-stroke Gas outboard located in Galena, Maryland

Details 2000 Nimble Nomad Trawler Tropical Edition with 2000 Honda 50
HP 4-
stroke (only 180 hours), Length: 24.7 feet Beam: 8.0 feet; 2001
Performance Trailer.

ECONOMICAL CRUISING: This is a great boat for exploring coves and
rivers in bays, rivers, and lakes. Draft is ONLY 16 inches. The boat
cruises at about 6 knots comfortably, and will go about 8 knots if you
push it. Fuel consumption: we use more water than fuel. The Cruise
USA website (www.cruise-usa.com) says that Nimble Nomads typically use
about 0.75 gallons per hour at 7.5 mph.

The boat is located in a covered garage on the mid-Chesapeake bay
(approximately 1/2 way between Baltimore and Washington DC).

More Details: Booth seating interior arrangement. Comes with AC and
DC electrical, VHF radio, solar vent in head, autopilot, pressurized
water system with sink in countertop and hand-held sprayer in the
front cockpit (can add hot water, but we generally used a SunShower
when we wanted hot water), teak cup and binoc holder, swivel seats,
shore power cord, rope ladder, steel ladder, large fenders, cooler/
step, 2 life vests, flares, signalling light (12v), manual horn,
Fortress anchor, chain rode, and long line, 8 dockllines, very thick
cabin foam seating (upgrade from standard cushions), custom closed
foam cockpit cushions, binoculars, Heller 12v fan, portable stove,
first aid kit, enclosed separate head with marine head and holding
tank, Performance trailer with brakes (the weight of the boat is 2450
lbs. We towed with a Toyota Tundra).

Comfort cruising: This boat is very comfortable for 2 adults. It's
supposed to be able to sleep a third adult on a narrow bench bunk on
the starboard side, and a kid in the front, but I think mostly couples
sleep on the boat (we have a diagram showing how to modify the double
and single bunk to make a large bed), and sometimes people have a
small child. The headroom is quite ample (6-7 ft throughout the
cabin), so it feels quite spacious.

History of boat: maintained according to recommendations by
manufacturer of the various parts. No mishaps, accidents, groundings,
etc. Only maintenence issue is that head needs lubrication.

You can find out more information about Nimble Nomads and see more
photos on the Nimble Yahoo Group, or at the manufacturer's website
(with a link to an article about Nomads). Also check out the site for
cruise-usa.com, which charters Nimbles on the NY canal system.

http://www.nimbleboat.net/
http://www.nimbleboatowners.org/
www.cruise-usa.com

If interested, contact
Old July 7th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:24:38 -0700 (PDT), EBL
wrote:

The Cruise
USA website (www.cruise-usa.com) says that Nimble Nomads typically use
about 0.75 gallons per hour at 7.5 mph.

..75 GPH with a 50 horse outboard?

Not likely. My 20 horse dinghy engine burns more than that.

A 50 horse at half power will burn 2.5 gph, just like yours.

Old July 23rd 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
EBL

Hi--

An update: We have put our Nimble on Ebay. Here is the item number
in Ebay Motors:

270252716446

On Jul 7, 6:21*am, Larry wrote:
wrote :

The 50 hp 4-stroke Honda on theNimbleis more than it needs, and
probably spends most of it's life slightly above idle.

Way too much power. *The 33hp Yanmar outboard had no trouble getting hull
speed on the one I saw here. *No idea how much fuel he was using in the
little outboard diesel but that would be a much better power plant for theNimbleIF you can lay a hand on one....(c;

Too bad Yanmar dealers are so greedy. *They killed demand for these diesel
outboards with price gouging.

Old July 23rd 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising
Larry

EBL wrote in news:700ecfad-0634-45ff-afa3-
:

An update: We have put our Nimble on Ebay. Here is the item number
in Ebay Motors:

My god, man! You've got a bid that's ONLY $100 less! TAKE IT TAKE IT!!

The dock fees next week are more!

Old February 11th 14, 05:28 PM posted to rec.boats.cruising

Very interested!! Please contact me ASAP AT

Old April 15th 17, 02:46 AM posted to rec.boats.cruising

Is your Boat still available? If not, who bought her--maybe they now are ready to sell! Please call or text Char or Bill 812-887-5333. We are very interested in the 24 ft Nimble Nomad.

FS: Nimble Nomad Tropical Model EBL Cruising 0 December 9th 06 08:33 PM
selling my trawler Florida Keyz Cruising 0 February 2nd 04 12:46 PM
WTB: Nimble Kodiak in USA QLW Marketplace 0 February 1st 04 09:10 PM
WTB: Nimble Kodiak QLW Cruising 0 February 1st 04 08:34 PM
Vanguard Nomad das ASA 4 October 17th 03 04:16 PM