posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater

Default I'm going canoeing down the Nantahala River this Saturday with APEs

Yes I know it is awfully short notice, but I just discovered on the
APE (Apalachian Paddle Enthusiasts)'s calendar today that they were
supposed to be holding
a "Beginner Progression Series"

WhenJun 14, 2008
Where13077 Highway 19 West, Bryson City, NC
ready to practice your whitewater skills on one of the most popular
runs in the region. The Nantahala is primarily a class II+ river with
one class III- and one class III, both of which can be easily
portaged. We will meet at the NOC at 12pm and take our time
negotiating through the rapids and working on skills. Contact: Brian
Pickett 423.782.6199 or

I called Brian and he said "the more the merrier" and invited me out
with them but also said that it will be a real mish-mosh of mostly
kayakers along with rafts and other inflatables in this group with a
lot of more experienced paddlers and much less of a beginners series
as it was so advertised.

If nothing else, it will be a great opportunity for a very cheap or
even free shuttle service on a trip down the Nantahala River.

Personally, I thought it would be pretty cool for us to make a decent
showing up there with at least a small handful of open boater
canoeists to join in on the fun this weekend. Anyone else up for it
and want to join me?

Hope to see you on the river,

Derrick
Junior Member

If nothing else, it will be a great opportunity for a very cheap oreven free shuttle service on a trip down the Nantahala River. The Nantahala River is the ultimate beginner river. Getready to practice your whitewater skills on one of the most popularruns in the region. The Nantahala is primarily a class II+ river withone class III- and one class III, both of which can be easilyportaged.