Default 3-5 Day Get Away Wanted

My girlfriend and I are looking for a multi-day, guided, white-water
trip. She is very out-doorsy, and I am totally a city slicker (but
with a real desire to try her wilderness stuff. Can anyone rcommend
aguide/trip. I am in San Jose, CA and she is in LA.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken,

If you are going to try any outdoor adventure / guided river trip you
MUST run the Middle Fork of the Salmon in Idaho. It's 100 miles of the
most scenic awe inspiring whitewater you'll ever experience. The
fishing is fantastic and even you the city slicker will want to come
back again. A video has recently been released which is excellent.
Your girl friend will love you forever for taking her on this trip.
An Excellant outfitter is SunValley Adventures their website is...
http://www.middleforkexpeditions.com/

If you contact them he will send you a DVD of what you can expect.

Back to the fishing, it is catch and release and you must use barbless
hooks, however, you do get extra points if the fish jumps off the hook
as you bring it to the boat. We've had friends catch 400 to 500 fish
in a single trip.

We've floated the Middle Fork of the Salmon many times. It just keeps
getting more enjoyable each time you go down.

Paul

www.bigriverunner.com

wrote:
My girlfriend and I are looking for a multi-day, guided, white-water
trip. She is very out-doorsy, and I am totally a city slicker (but
with a real desire to try her wilderness stuff. Can anyone rcommend
aguide/trip. I am in San Jose, CA and she is in LA.

Thanks,

Ken

Andrew Taylor

Another option is the guided raft trips on the Rogue in southern Oregon.
These are typically three day trips. Scenic wilderness, mostly class III
water, can be coupled with lodge stays or camping. Sundance has been
around ever since I can remember and offers guided trips. I've taken
kayak courses and a guided kayak trip down the Rogue with Sundance and
would happily use them again.

http://www.sundanceriver.com/

wrote:
My girlfriend and I are looking for a multi-day, guided, white-water
trip. She is very out-doorsy, and I am totally a city slicker (but
with a real desire to try her wilderness stuff. Can anyone rcommend
aguide/trip. I am in San Jose, CA and she is in LA.

Thanks,

Ken

dangerp

If you want to stay closer to home, there is the lower Kern River. It
is a two day trip about three hours from LA. First day is mostly class
three, very scenic. The second day is class 3-4. Great for
enthusiasts, and beginner. I travel five hours down there all the time
just for that run. The company I would recommend is Kern River Tours
(www.kernrivertours.com). I have worked alongside most of the
outfitters in the area and KRT really seems to have their "act"
together. If you are looking to learn to kayak, I would recommend
Sierra South (www.sierrasouth.com) in the same area. They have a lot
of boats, awesome instructors and a lot of experience.