Rex del Rio

Out of country til 2 April.

Got a better way to talk? e-mail to nospam useless.
"riverman" wrote in message

"Charles d'Autremont" wrote in message
news
New 16 foot folding canoe (used once for 1 hour). Portage yolk. Knee
pads.

These boats were formerly sold under the Mad River brand name.

To see boat go to www.pakboats.com

$200 off new price of $1695 and I'll throw in the kneepads for free.

Portage yoke is $55.

Boat is in Tucson, Arizona at the moment.

I'll split the shipping.

Charles; I might be interested. I'm out of the US, but do some online
research and find out what shipping to Bath, Maine costs, post it here,
and I'll get back to you.

--riverman

PS: although its only been used for an hour, I would want to see some
detailed pics, if thats okay.

nork

Richard Ferguson wrote:
I know one guy who owns a smaller one, and he reports two issues: 1.

Compared to Royalex, the Packboats are not as slippery, so sometime
stick on rocks as opposed to sliding over therm. 2. He says that
assembling it is very time consuming, although he did not report a
specific assembly time. I think he might be talking over half an

hour
assembly time, so he tends to leave it assembled, even if he is

driving
1000 miles. I think that he likes the boat overall. He bought it

with
Canadian fly-in trips in mind.

I have never paddled a Pacboat, but I would like to have one. I

don't
have the money at this instant, however, nor do I have a fly-in trip
scheduled, where it would make especially good sense. A folding boat

can really simplify trip logistics, easy to take on public

transporation
or small planes.

I own 3 Pakboats and assembly is about 20 minutes for the canoe (16').
They don't paddle like a hardshell boat though--it's more like a canoe-
shaped raft. Not that that's a bad thing. I prefer it in whitewater.
You get
a much drier ride and it's much safer in rough open water.

I prefer them to hardshells, not to mention the float plane transport
capabilities.

riverman

You talking to me? Yes, email to nospam IS useless...thats the idea. My
email is not hard to find with google, but just in case, its my name
(myronbuck) and its a yahoo account. That ought to fool the spambots,
but give it to you.

--riverman