Bennet Wong

Default Mad River Adventure 16 Canoe

Has anyone tried this Rotomolded canoe from Mad River? I am
considering it for my fmaily, but am concerned with the weight (79
lb.). Any feedback will be appreciated. Bennet, FL.
Peter H

Bennet Wong wrote:

Has anyone tried this Rotomolded canoe from Mad River? I am
considering it for my fmaily, but am concerned with the weight (79
lb.). Any feedback will be appreciated. Bennet, FL.

In commenting on any canoe, I've always maitained that unless it's an
obvious obstacle right from the start - much hiking/packing, physical
problems, etc., the canoe's weight is much less of a consideraton than
capacity, stability, maneuverability, etc. Canoes were meant to be in
the water, and if well-balanced & carefully loaded the actual weight
disappears before the other attributes I've mentioned. As an example, I
have a 20' Old Town XL Tripper with motor mount that's an absolute goat
on land but an otter in the water. I am willing to suffer the first in
order to have the second. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Yours in the north Maie woods,
Pete Hilton (Reg. Me. Guide) aka The Ent

--
Men will confess to treason, arson, false teeth
or a wig; how many will admit a lack of humor?

Jared Richardson

Bennet Wong" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone tried this Rotomolded canoe from Mad River? I am
considering it for my fmaily, but am concerned with the weight (79
lb.). Any feedback will be appreciated. Bennet, FL.

I am also thinking of buying one of these. They look very nice and I have
been told they are 'nice paddling boats'. At that price, with 8 cup
holders, I am sold. heh Seriously, I have a 6 year old that I like to
take paddling and this looks like a nice family friendly boat.

http://www.madrivercanoe.com/product...e#Adventure-16

Has anyone used one? I know they are new but my local store is selling them
quickly.