Wilko

Default Need locking loop for kayak

sposter wrote:
I purchased a couple of Perception Carolina 12's for my kids and need a way
to lock it to my roof rack.
I would like to find what used to be a small cable loop that was passed
through holes drilled in the deck. It had a backing plate and the ends of
the cable loop were threaded for nuts under the deck.
Does anyone know where I can still purchase some of these?

Good question: I'm looking for something like that for my GF's Zelezny
Igo kayak as well.

--
Wilko van den Bergh
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

Michael Daly

On 4-Sep-2003, Wilko wrote:

Good question: I'm looking for something like that for my GF's Zelezny
Igo kayak as well.

I've used stainless steel U bolts instead of the cable type loops on one
sea kayak. If you don't need the flex of the cable type, that's an option.
You can get the parts at any decent marine shop (I got it at
a Home Depot - don't know of a similar European big-box hardware
store. I used one U bolt. two bars to close the U and four nuts - one
bar and two nuts inside and one bar and two nuts outside the hull.

You might prefer the flexy cable type on a short WW kayak, though -
you'll hit it in rolling eventually.

Mike