E D Coleman

Default VERY Mini Loop

My wife and I and another couple scouted out the top portion of a very
mini loop July 12 and 13 and plan to make the entire mini loop August
8,9,10. We will start in Lake Yucatan, LA (near Newellton LA) on
Friday evening and head into the Mississippi at MM 405. We will be
going to Natchez, MS for the first "leg" of the journey. There we
will have dinner and drinks "under the hill" in Natchez followed by a
peaceful rest in the AC aboard "Miss Nellie" - our 31' Marinette. We
will continue Saturday down to the locks located above St.
Francisville, LA at about 31N 91.6W and head into the Atchafalaya and
Red River confluence. From there it is up the Red to the Black River.
We will find a good sandbar somewhere below the Jonesville lock on
the Black and spend Saturday night. Sunday will be a leisurely trip
up the Black, through the locks south of Jonesville, LA. This is the
portion that we scouted out a few weeks ago. At Jonesville, the
Little, Ouachita, and Tensas come together to form the Black. We will
be heading up the Tensas to our final destination of Cooter Point, LA.
The boat will be trailered home from there.

We are putting the cruising back into rec.boats.cruising in a very
mini way.