Ianswave

Default paddling and with contact lenses

I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.
Mary Malmros

(Ianswave) writes:

I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.

Barz goggles, available at
http://www.murrays.com. Used 'em since
'98, never lost a lens. I wear hard contacts.

People who wear lenses, soft or hard, and no kind of protection do
lose lenses from time to time. I was paddling up on the Dryway of
the Deerfield River last Saturday and saw a woman get some pretty
good downtime in Labyrinth. She came out of it missing a lens.
Fortunately for her, she was then at the bottom of the last rapid on
the run, but I really wouldn't want to lose a lens anywhere else on
that run.

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Chris Webster

Ianswave wrote:
I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.

I only tried them briefly, and they moved all around when I closed my
eyes and my face was hit by a wave. It took several seconds for them to
re-settle, that was not acceptable to me in difficult WW.

I still wear perscription sunglasses. It is typically hot & dry in
Colorado, so fogging is not as big a deal. Though water spots from very
muddy rivers tends to obscure things....

--Chris

Michael Daly

On 13-Aug-2003, Chris Webster wrote:

I only tried them briefly, and they moved all around when I closed my
eyes and my face was hit by a wave. It took several seconds for them to
re-settle, that was not acceptable to me in difficult WW.

Sounds like they weren't the right fit for you. My contacts don't move around.

Mike
Michael Daly

On 13-Aug-2003, "J. A. McNerney" wrote:

I've seen a lot of people loose them and have them get stuck on the top of their eye balls.

It's getting obvious that today's instant-satisfaction contact lens dispensing
opticians don't bother much with fit. If they fit correctly, they are not easy
to move around without sticking something in your eye.

Mike

I wore contacts a couple times while paddling, and although I didn't roll, I
went through rapids and spent time upside down and swimming. I also surf
with them in, and I've never lost one. I got Biomedics 55 which are supposed
to be better in water and outdoor pursuits, you may want to try them.

"Ianswave" wrote in message
I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses

while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.

John Kuthe

Ianswave wrote:

I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.

Tried 'em, could not deal with how they'd slide up on top of my eyeball
every time a little water got splashed in my eyes!

Got sick to death of my glasses fogging too!

Finally got LASIK, and I'm 20/20 now! YAY!

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt
Walter

16 miles on the New River and no problems. I always carry spares and
glasses just in case.