Mary Malmros

Default paddling and with contact lenses

(Ianswave) writes:

I would be interested in hearing any feedback from people who have paddled
Whitewater while wearing contact lenses. have any of you lost your lenses while
rolling, paddling through waves etc.

Barz goggles, available at
http://www.murrays.com. Used 'em since
'98, never lost a lens. I wear hard contacts.

People who wear lenses, soft or hard, and no kind of protection do
lose lenses from time to time. I was paddling up on the Dryway of
the Deerfield River last Saturday and saw a woman get some pretty
good downtime in Labyrinth. She came out of it missing a lens.
Fortunately for her, she was then at the bottom of the last rapid on
the run, but I really wouldn't want to lose a lens anywhere else on
that run.

--
Mary Malmros