iainii

Default Towing

Is there a website in the UK can can tell me what weight I can tow with my car?
Steve L

Maximum 'safe' towing weight is considered to be 80% of the total car weight
but the caravan newsgroups are always talking about this.

Steve

"iainii" wrote in message
om...
Is there a website in the UK can can tell me what weight I can tow with my

car?

Dave

Suggest you go to the car's manufactures web site

They often give specifications on each model

Dave

"iainii" wrote in message
om...
Is there a website in the UK can can tell me what weight I can tow with my
car?

Steve L

I stand corrected and will now have to pack all the trappings and gubbins my
wife insists on taking with us, that I have always previously convinced her
it was too dangerous to tow.

Thanks :-)

Steve

"peter keating" wrote in message
Actually its 85%. But check your cars V.I.N plate or the manual. Peter
"Dave" dave.samuel wrote in message
Suggest you go to the car's manufactures web site

They often give specifications on each model

Dave

"iainii" wrote in message
om...
Is there a website in the UK can can tell me what weight I can tow

with
my
car?

iainii

Thanks for your help on this subject. I have finally found the
tiniest bit of info on towing in my cars handbook and yes it says to
refer to the VIN plate.