Nick

Default Lake Windermere report casts doubt on speed limit

AN INDEPENDENT Formal Safety Assessment of Lake Windermere has found
that under today's conditions no incompatibility of lake users exists,
undermining the key point cited at the Public Enquiry of 1994/5 as the
only reason for introducing a 10mph speed limit on the lake.

http://www.waf.uk.com/home_bmt_report.html

--

Nick
Windermere Action Force
Dave Hall

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:55:36 +0000, Nick
wrote:

AN INDEPENDENT Formal Safety Assessment of Lake Windermere has found
that under today's conditions no incompatibility of lake users exists,
undermining the key point cited at the Public Enquiry of 1994/5 as the
only reason for introducing a 10mph speed limit on the lake.

http://www.waf.uk.com/home_bmt_report.html

Well, it's comforting that the good guys can win at least some of the
times, even if it's only temporary.

Keep up the fight!

Dave
pmailkeey

wrote:

AN INDEPENDENT Formal Safety Assessment of Lake Windermere

Is that anywhere near Windermere ?
--
Comm again, Mike.
pmailkeey

wrote:

AN INDEPENDENT Formal Safety Assessment of Lake Windermere has found
that under today's conditions no incompatibility of lake users exists,
undermining the key point cited at the Public Enquiry of 1994/5 as the
only reason for introducing a 10mph speed limit on the lake.

http://www.waf.uk.com/home_bmt_report.html

--

Nick
Windermere Action Force
http://www.waf.uk.com

What happened to noslow.org.uk ?
Letter to my MP ready for posting !

--
Comm again, Mike.
Nick

pmailkeey wrote:
Nick
Windermere Action Force
http://www.waf.uk.com

What happened to noslow.org.uk ?

You got me worried then and I had to check - it is still there. There
was just no point in maintaining 2 sites (well 3 actually as I also
have http://www.lake-district.info) so I just set up a redirect to the
waf site as the person that looks after that one is obviously more
skilled than I...

Nick

martin wrote:

When a local authority wanted to close the open air swimming pool last
year a petition signed by 7,500 people protesting was presented to the
mayor. Not bad for a town with a population of 20,000. The pool was
closed.

Oh you cynic! The Faxyourmp.com campaign has had some successes. It
overturned part of the RIP Bill (which as an IT security person is
just one I happen to know about). There are others....
pmailkeey

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:04:46 +0100, martin wrote:

When a local authority wanted to close the open air swimming pool last
year a petition signed by 7,500 people protesting was presented to the
mayor. Not bad for a town with a population of 20,000. The pool was
closed.

2,500 short of the magic number.
--
Comm again, Mike.
pmailkeey

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:50:05 +0000, Nick
wrote:

pmailkeey wrote:
Nick
Windermere Action Force
http://www.waf.uk.com

What happened to noslow.org.uk ?

You got me worried then and I had to check - it is still there. There
was just no point in maintaining 2 sites (well 3 actually as I also
have http://www.lake-district.info) so I just set up a redirect to the
waf site as the person that looks after that one is obviously more
skilled than I...

An illustration of how long my response has been on the back burner !

I did point out in my letter that I had no personal interest in the
speed limit myself - doesn't affect me - but I don't see why others
should have the restriction imposed on them !
--
Comm again, Mike.