Richard Brookman

Default Older Fairline stuff

I've agreed to purchase (subject to trial, etc) a 1982 Fairline Fury, 26'
with twin petrol Volvos. Two issues:

1) the canvas cockpit cover is in dire need of replacement, and I've been
quoted 1500-2000 GBP for a one-off new one from a local sailmaker. Does
anyone know where I might get one (either original or made-to-measure) any
cheaper than this?

2) I have no manuals or handbooks for either the boat or the engines. I'd
prefer to have these to hand as I don't like relying on someone else for
general maintenance, and also I like to be self-sufficient away from land!
Is there a source for old manuals etc online?

I've tried the usual suspects with no joy. Peters Plc (Fairline agents)
aren't replying to my e-mails.

Many thanks

Rich

--

===============================
Rich

OldRedNeck

Since the boat is 23 years old I rather doubt that there are many things
left in it that resemble the original design. almost everything will have
been replaced twice over by now.

Richard Brookman

OldRedNeck wrote:

|| Since the boat is 23 years old I rather doubt that there are many
|| things left in it that resemble the original design. almost
|| everything will have been replaced twice over by now.

Thanks for this. My calculator makes it 21 years, but near enough ;-)

I've got a better (and reasonable) quote for the canvas, so no worries
there. The engines are the originals - Volvo Penta 145s. I still need a
source for manuals, handbooks etc. Anyone?

--

Rich